AVS Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2986 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
@m_snow The latest Infuse beta just released a few minutes ago now supports both 23.976Hz and 24.000Hz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Works for me. Tested two 24’s, one 23.976 and for the heck of it a 59.94 fps.

I have a couple of 30’s but I don’t remember the titles to test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwort93

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
New issue since tvOS 14.5 beta 2:
I have Bravia Sync (CEC) enabled on my Sony 930E TV primarily and solely because my wife prefers the Sony IR remote to my Harmony Elite.
Since beta 2, CEC no longer works and she can no longer control the TV. Yes, I swapped batteries for new ones and hard rebooted both TV and ATV4K. Nothing worked. Finally I swapped the ATV4K with the beta for another non-beta ATV4K I have and everything worked confirming the problem. I did send a bug report and Sysdiagnose log but I’m posting in case anyone else has this issue.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Because I don't have beta versions of infuse, I've gone over to Plex which for me has a number of advantages over infuse.

Now, .... I'm not sure what advatages infuse had or has over plex. The advantage that you don't need a server I suppose but if my Plex server is awesome then that's not really an advantage.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Because I don't have beta versions of infuse, I've gone over to Plex which for me has a number of advantages over infuse.

Now, .... I'm not sure what advatages infuse had or has over plex. The advantage that you don't need a server I suppose but if my Plex server is awesome then that's not really an advantage.
The new App Store version of Infuse that came out this morning is adjusted to accommodate tvOS 14.5 beta integet/frame rate changes. Plex does have some features not available in Infuse (a few that I’d really like such as trailers and other extras) but Infuse plays more formats seamlessly and without lag. Seems more stable than the Plex client to me too but I alternate back and forth particularly for HD and when I switch to my Shield.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The new App Store version of Infuse that came out this morning is adjusted to accommodate tvOS 14.5 beta integet/frame rate changes. Plex does have some features not available in Infuse (a few that I’d really like such as trailers and other extras) but Infuse plays more formats seamlessly and without lag. Seems more stable than the Plex client to me too but I alternate back and forth particularly for HD and when I switch to my Shield.
I think I'm doomed to have the both. The update did work. I prefer infuse. Plex still does a few things that infuse for now doesn't.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
One of the things that I love Plex for and asked infuse for is fairly specific to my wants and also not much of a big deal.

I have several Pink Floyd related blu rays with high res surround sound and it's difficult to play them. If I use the BDP the menus of the discs are all different so I have to turn on the projector to cue up the music and then turn it off to reduce the noise. If I use infuse it's the same.

With plex I tell siri to open plex then I can use my phone to navigate. It says it "casts" to the ATV4K but in reality it lets me control the ATV4K playback using my phone. I suppose theres no harm in using both and occasionally with Plex my kids will access using their devices as well.

Plex has a ton of features I"m not interested in so from a keep it simple standpoint infuse wins.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Does this version support TrueHD based Dolby Atmos output?

The shield has supported this for years - why not Apple ?!

Someone told me that since no legal sources support lossless atmos, Apple does not. They don’t want to anger studios by supporting a method that is primarily used for ripped content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
731 Posts
Fubo, even with an update today, appears to be broken with 14.5

Direction commands not working in the live window, so multi-view can't be selected, for example

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Now that infuse playback is smooth with the latest beta, I can't stop watching stuff.

I love my HT so much !

And,... I trust infuse playback more than my optical disc player. My UHD BDP can do some HDR optimization and also does the ATMOS and most of the time it's reliable. But, a few times it has put up garbled output. Everytime it's been solved by cleaning the disc but a successful digital copy has a slight edge in reliability and major benifits with useability with my setup.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
New tvOS beta for developers today 14.5 (18L5173f) which seems to have fixed my CEC problem posted earlier. Should be available to you guys soon (tomorrow?).

·
Registered
43 Posts
New tvOS beta for developers today 14.5 (18L5173f) which seems to have fixed my CEC problem posted earlier. Should be available to you guys soon (tomorrow?).

Has anything changed with the refresh rates available to choose manually in the video format settings? For example, is either flavor of 24Hz available to choose manually?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welp, you still can’t select integer framerates or 24Hz in the menus still, but they did change the text under each of the options in the format settings, it now says the fractional rate next to each of them in parentheses, and has more of an explanation on the left.
IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

·
aka jfinnie
5,236 Posts
Welp, you still can’t select integer framerates or 24Hz in the menus still, but they did change the text under each of the options in the format settings, it now says the fractional rate next to each of them in parentheses, and has more of an explanation on the left. View attachment 3106890
View attachment 3106891
Tsk, so close guys so close, you've almost got it right... lol. Do you need me to pop over and pull a late shift coding, Mr Cook?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welp, you still can’t select integer framerates or 24Hz in the menus still, but they did change the text under each of the options in the format settings, it now says the fractional rate next to each of them in parentheses, and has more of an explanation on the left. View attachment 3106890
View attachment 3106891

Thanks for the update. (y)

But why add the exact fractional rate in parentheses, if not to distinguish them from the integer rates in the menus? I’m curious to see how my list of “unsupported modes” in the match content settings will look on the upcoming public beta. It’s also kind of strange that even the 50Hz modes are now hidden in the “other formats” submenu, although 50Hz is set as default output mode when using ATV in Europe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welp, you still can’t select integer framerates or 24Hz in the menus still, but they did change the text under each of the options in the format settings, it now says the fractional rate next to each of them in parentheses, and has more of an explanation on the left.
Can you test something for me, when you get a chance? Can you download the CW app (free with no login required) and confirm that it still doesn’t do auto refresh rate switching with its scripted tv shows (it streams them at 23.976fps) on the 14.5 beta? I assume it doesn’t, but maybe there could be something in 14.5 that gets auto refresh rate switching to work, even if the app developer doesn’t specifically code for it at all. Assuming the CW app behaves the same in 14.5 as it does now, if 23.976Hz is really not going to be available to select manually going forward, I’m going to seriously consider not upgrading. I need the 23.976Hz manual option for North American tv shows and movies on the CW, CW Seed, and Peacock apps. Sure I can contact the app developers and complain and lobby for auto refresh rate switching support, but with companies like ViacomCBS and NBC Universal, that is usually the equivalent of complaining to a wall and expecting it to do something.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can you test something for me, when you get a chance? Can you download the CW app (free with no login required) and confirm that it still doesn’t do auto refresh rate switching with its scripted tv shows (it streams them at 23.976fps) on the 14.5 beta? I assume it doesn’t, but maybe there could be something in 14.5 that gets auto refresh rate switching to work, even if the app developer doesn’t specifically code for it at all. Assuming the CW app behaves the same in 14.5 as it does now, if 23.976Hz is really not going to be available to select manually going forward, I’m going to seriously consider not upgrading. I need the 23.976Hz manual option for North American tv shows and movies on the CW, CW Seed, and Peacock apps. Sure I can contact the app developers and complain and lobby for auto refresh rate switching support, but with companies like ViacomCBS and NBC Universal, that is usually the equivalent of complaining to a wall and expecting it to do something.
CW still doesn’t support frame rate switching. I bet it’s a conscious decision not to because they play ads in the middle of the shows which are 29.97fps encoded, and the show itself is 23.976fps.

2901 - 2920 of 2986 Posts