1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
757 Posts
As much as I love the Jerk, UGH! Do we really need it in HD and at the start of the line for Universal? This should be a release for there 500 HD release not this early in the format.

·
Banned
515 Posts
Yuck.

Where are the good universal titles we're waiting for like 40 year old virgin, carlito's way, BSG, Mulholland Drive, and questionable favorites of mine like scent of a woman and Empire.

and sweet Jesus, could we PLEASE stop with the combo garbage already

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
What a letdown. There are soooo many great Universal titles and this is what we get. Haven't bought an HD-DVD since Kong. With nothing on the horizon that I'm interested in. Thankfully we have upconverted SD DVD or my theater would be dark.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
This is not a good sign!! WTF??? These are not the titles that we need from Universal right now. 2 releases in February, none for March and now these 2 for April!! What is going on? Is this some kind of sick joke? If this is the kind of support Universal is gonna be showing in 07 then what good is their exclusivity? This is some serious BS!! Where's Jurassic Park? Bourne Identity?? etc.....I don't wanna hear "we got some great titles coming throughout 2007". They had a constant flow of titles in 06. This is just a slap in the face for us HD-DVD owners.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well at least we finally get The Game. The lack of extras is annoying although not surprising since Criterion owns them. What really bugs me is that with a bare bones 30GB disc and a movie that's only 2 hours long, Universal still won't spring for Dolby TrueHD.

And does The Jerk really need to be a combo title? Even with a marginal improvement in picture quality, I probably would've picked it up. But for an extra 5 bucks, I'm not so sure.

Either way, HD-DVD needs to get its act together. These are two really good movies, but they're not gonna sell any players. On a side note, I do hope the announcement of The Game gets Fox to release Fight Club on Blu-ray.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME /forum/post/0

Well at least we finally get The Game. The lack of extras is annoying although not surprising since Criterion owns them.

Universal released it as a loaded 2-disc special edition in the UK. I wonder if a future UK HD DVD release might therefore be more generous.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.