AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm so glad I found this site it seems there is alot of info here that could be very helpful. I purchased my aquos 52" on Dec 30th, I am very pleased with my purchase I was convinced I was getting a samsung until I went to the store and saw the sharp. I can find NO signs of banding on my TV and i'm very pleased with the quality of the picture. I find I am always changing the setting of this or that just to see if it makes a diff. If anyone has this set and a post of how they have it set up I would love to see that and compare to mine. I have an upconverting dvd player hooked up 1080i and my xbox 360 in 1080p. Both look amazing. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get my HD receiver from Direct TV, it seems they are out of equipment and have no idea when they can schedule me for the upgrade, very aggravating. I'm considering switching to dish network as they can be at my house in 2 days, any thoughts?

The xbox 360 is unbelieveable in 1080p,

My sat receiver does not have componant outs so I am forced to use the a/v cables abd the picture is not really that great. I did however purchase a set of HD rabbit ears and while using those on local channels the quality is very pleasing.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this tv and get any input from you on how to improve my settings.

Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd /forum/post/0

Hello everyone, I'm so glad I found this site it seems there is alot of info here that could be very helpful. I purchased my aquos 52" on Dec 30th, I am very pleased with my purchase I was convinced I was getting a samsung until I went to the store and saw the sharp. I can find NO signs of banding on my TV and i'm very pleased with the quality of the picture. I find I am always changing the setting of this or that just to see if it makes a diff. If anyone has this set and a post of how they have it set up I would love to see that and compare to mine. I have an upconverting dvd player hooked up 1080i and my xbox 360 in 1080p. Both look amazing. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get my HD receiver from Direct TV, it seems they are out of equipment and have no idea when they can schedule me for the upgrade, very aggravating. I'm considering switching to dish network as they can be at my house in 2 days, any thoughts?

The xbox 360 is unbelieveable in 1080p,

My sat receiver does not have componant outs so I am forced to use the a/v cables abd the picture is not really that great. I did however purchase a set of HD rabbit ears and while using those on local channels the quality is very pleasing.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this tv and get any input from you on how to improve my settings.

Thanks

Hello may I ask how far you are seating from your tv?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sit between 11 and 13 feet away. depending on where I sit

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the tv looks great at that distance, watching movies or HD thru rabbitt ears ant as I cant seem to get my HD rec thru direct TV

and yes the x box 360 does do 1080p...you have to go to x box settings and up your display to 1080p, when i turn it on my tv it displays " input2 1080p"

as when I watch a dvd it displays 1080i

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks cj, I tried those settings and they didnt really fit the way I like it to look. If I can ever get my HD receiver and get it set up I'll post my settings.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it does 1080p very nicely, not sure why that guy said it didnt? Mine plays great on the 52" aquos.....

I tried the settings listed on this site and they are quite a bit diff from how mine is set, I guess its just each persons personal taste, personally I dont know how one could look any better than mine....I watched very closely last night between screens when the screen was all black and saw no banding...and my ser num is 610....bought dec 30th 2006

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.