AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a Sharp Aquos LC37D42. Does anyone here have any experience with them, or opinions? I'm going to try to get out on Sunday to see if any 'local' dealers have them to take a look.

It seems it must be a pretty new model as there is very little information out there about it. Does anyone know whether this is made in the new factory? I have heard some 40 series are made by Orion, I assume this one isn't?

TIA

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the same question.

I'm looking for a 37" for our bedroom (limited to that size - actually 36.5 width is the max for my cabinet ). Have been reading many of the threads and have concerns about some quality issues with Sharp.

The new Sharp LC-37D42U seems nice and has just about everything I need for the bedroom. It will be connected to a Hi Def cable box and will not be used for gaming or connected to a PC.

I'm also considering the Mitsu (1080P), however, not clear to me if going with a 1080P set for this size is worth the extra $'s.

Lastly, I will be going out today to look at the new Sharp. Will post comments later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a LC-37D40U, and it is an incredible set. Sharp is a top manufacturer, and the quality is second to none. I owned a Vizio (VX37L) for about a week, and traded up for this Aquos. The difference is staggering! I am not an HD rookie, so I know how to set-up these sets properly. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cutiger - Thanks for you input.

I did go over to a local store that has the LC37D42U on display. I was very impressed with the picture. Also, the piano finish on this set looks fantastic.

As I mentioned above, picture quality looked terrific. It actually seemed better/sharper than the other branded 37" LCDs in the store with, possibly, the exception of the larger Sony Bravia XBR (1080P). These two sets were very close in terms picture quality with the edge to the Sony. Now, I make this statement with a bit of caution since it is not clear to me that these sets are properly calibrated.

Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the picture quality and the finish of the TV. Lastly, prices on LCDs keep dropping. This set was priced at under $1200. I may "pull the trigger" tonight.

Wondering if extended warranty is recommended for an LCD - thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got one this set from Amazon, the picture is very grainy compared to my year old philips 32" from the same set. Its bright and clear but much more grain then i would have expected. Is this normal?

·
Registered
286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj /forum/post/0

I just got one this set from Amazon, the picture is very grainy compared to my year old philips 32" from the same set. Its bright and clear but much more grain then i would have expected. Is this normal?

How's the PQ now that you've had it for a bit? Do you still find it grainy? Was the grain factor with SD and HD? Was the old Philips 32" a CRT?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.