AVS Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2611 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regardless if it’s an atypical problem or not, if it’s a bug it should be fixed, right? (Then prio can be discussed, but that’s another story.)

Or did they just admit it was a bug but disregarded it as atypical/uncommon, and therefore was not going to fix it?
They did not deny that it is a possible bug, and asked a few other general questions, asked me to reflash and reset, and check if it persist. I am quite sure I installed the firmware correctly - all versions numbers match and then factory reset. In all fairness the TV (Sony ag9) has several output modes for sound, that I will tinker with when I return, to try to nail it further down. But for my configuration it was a clear regression from the previous fw version.

My main point were that it is important to report issues to arcam, not only to this thread, that seem to go under their radar.

·
Registered
LG 65in C8 , Revel F206/C205/S206/C563, svs sb200x2, Arcam avr10, Emotiva basx500, db820, AT4k
49 Posts
Has anyone else had difficulty connecting their avr to Dirac with Arcam firmware 1.36 and Dirac firmware 3.09?? i can't get the my avr10 to connect with dirac now. I have turned the avr10 off/on several times and re-installed dirac 3 times to no luck..Tried 3.08 as well but no luck. Have not tried going back to 3.05 dirac yet. I have not upgraded my firmware to 1.40 after reading all the problems with it, but wanted to try the new dirac with my old measurements.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Does Dirac even see the AVR10? Ie. does the icon to connect even show up in the Dirac software? If it does not, then there is a networking issue.

In the Arcam go into the engineering menu (press and hold the menu button) and find the “IP address” under the networking settings. In Dirac there is a button for IP, where you can manually enter the IP address to try and connect directly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need Dirac 2.5.3. I tried with 3.0.8 and it's always too much noise....plus sound leaked from front to surround.use 2.5.3 worked flawless
I got same avr .the more I use it I love the web based control ..you can go and stream online fm radios from all over the world wo installing any apps

Is your avr same network as your pc/tablet phone ?I do use cable from router but wifi worked too.if you can see avr in your Network on computer you should be fine

·
Registered
LG 65in C8 , Revel F206/C205/S206/C563, svs sb200x2, Arcam avr10, Emotiva basx500, db820, AT4k
49 Posts
Does Dirac even see the AVR10? Ie. does the icon to connect even show up in the Dirac software? If it does not, then there is a networking issue.

In the Arcam go into the engineering menu (press and hold the menu button) and find the “IP address” under the networking settings. In Dirac there is a button for IP, where you can manually enter the IP address to try and connect directly.
Yes Dirac sees the avr10. The icon pops up, but after clicking it, it waits a second and then says it timed out make sure both are connected to the same network. They are. I tried entering it manually and it did the same thing. Really strange, I’ve had no issues in the past and changed nothing but updating Dirac.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dirac might be issue.with 3.0 .8 when I played tones it played thru surrond instead of fronts... I would reverse to earlier version.fod you put file for microphone calibration ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dirac might be issue.with 3.0 .8 when I played tones it played thru surrond instead of fronts... I would reverse to earlier version.fod you put file for microphone calibration ?
i will try rolling back to 3.05 tonight and see if it works. Do you have issues with 3.09 as well?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same issue as 3.08, I started with 3.09 but when it didn’t work I tried 3.08. Wont connect with my arcam.
I did not have any issues with each Dirac version. Maybe the connection errors have anything to do with your modem/router setup? Or even instead of leaving the network setup of the AVR in automatic mode to the actual used connection (via kabel or via wifi)...?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Update: unplugged avr10 from power for ~10 min and the ethernet cable. when i plugged them back in and turned the unit on, everything connected fine.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is arcam going to fix the subwoofer bug?
I think the real question we all are asking is will Arcam ever get these units to run properly? Based on what I have read on Arcam lack of response for the FMJ series the answer is no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is arcam going to fix the subwoofer bug?
What is the subwoofer bug ... sorry I might have missed it

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
For those that recently sold and/or bought an AV40, can you send me a PM with what you’d think a reasonable price would be to sell mine? (Not asking for offers, just what people think based off current experience)

It’s used but is in great physical condition, I have the original packaging, all accessories and I’d transfer over my full DLBC account to the buyer.

Trying to figure what it would cost me going to a new processor. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
Integra DTR40.3, Monitor Gold 60, Oppo, Xbox X, PS4 Pro, TIVO HD Premier and SONY 400 Mega Disc
11 Posts
Hello Everyone
I have be looking at the Arcam AVR 20 or AV40 to upgrade my system and use Dirac with Bass Control Multi Sub. I dislike Audyssey it never sounds good.
My current system consist of 5.1 (Integra DTR 40.3, Monitor Audio Gold 60 LCR and Bronze 6T rear and Klipsch 12 Sub ) to 7.2.4 (Monitor Audio Gold 60 LCR, Bronze 6T rear, Side Surrounds Monitor Audio CP-CT380, Height Speakers 4 Monitor Audio CP-CT260 and Dual Subs SVS SB-3000. Room Size is (12ft H X 16ft W and 18.5ft L).
Should I steer clear of these units? If so what would you recommend even if it is a different brand?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hello Everyone
I have be looking at the Arcam AVR 20 or AV40 to upgrade my system and use Dirac with Bass Control Multi Sub. I dislike Audyssey it never sounds good.
My current system consist of 5.1 (Integra DTR 40.3, Monitor Audio Gold 60 LCR and Bronze 6T rear and Klipsch 12 Sub ) to 7.2.4 (Monitor Audio Gold 60 LCR, Bronze 6T rear, Side Surrounds Monitor Audio CP-CT380, Height Speakers 4 Monitor Audio CP-CT260 and Dual Subs SVS SB-3000. Room Size is (12ft H X 16ft W and 18.5ft L).
Should I steer clear of these units? If so what would you recommend even if it is a different brand?
For now I would read all of the post on the bugs that Arcam is now experiencing. One of the bugs deals with Dirac not working properly on Arcam. I have finally open my units and their are two DACs inside so in theory the av 40 should be a good pre amp. The problem is that Arcam does not write their own Firmware. They farm it out to a company in Korea.

After reading the various posts in this thread then I would check the others like NAD as the owners have their own problems

Then after reading the various post I think you would be in a better position to decide which unit to go with that uses Dirac room correction.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hello Everyone
I'm not on the right league for these prices, but I'm following some thread for general knowledge.
It appears anything Arcam now is basically paying to be a beta tester. NAD may be a better option for Dirac but like tomcrown1 said, they may have different issues (not been following). You can also consider Anthem which use their own RC software that is considered on par or close to Dirac.

Edit: Ah, you are looking at a processor. Anthem has one too and what the post bellow me said as well!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The Monoprice HTP-1 is pretty much the only option if you want a working DLBC implementation and without major bugs in general.

·
Registered
B&W 805 D3, HTM2D3, Rotel RSP-1576MKII, RMB-1585
263 Posts
What’s the current state of Dolby Atmos from AppleTV 4K with the Arcam AV40, I heard before there were issues where it wouldn’t play back? I now have a Rotel processor (1576 MKII w/ Dirac) but experiencing issues with the Atmos as well, no signal. 5.1 is fine when switched to that on AppleTV4k. Was considering going back to Arcam with the AV40 in mind.

2521 - 2540 of 2611 Posts