AVS Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2749 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
so this was the last one for me I am returning the device, again there is no lfe channel with DTS tracks. So now hoping the dealer is accepting this whiteout a fight or going to court.
That's unfortunate. With the sdp-55 I've never had issues with LFE being missing with DTS tracks. If you hare having that issue I don't think a firmware change is going to fix it. Either you have a bad unit or there is something else going on with your configuration.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Given how many of these have been returned I think asking a number of dealers might yield a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you happen to know how many have been shipped and also returned? Love to know that. Same for the JBL

·
Registered
976 Posts
That doesn’t look right. I would do a reboot from the front panel button, (or pull the plug from the unit for a couple of minutes. Then do a system reset, and redo the update.to 1.42
I followed your advice and while I think I have 1.42 as all the sub headings like net LCD Dsp shows 1.42 value host still shows 1.40.

I will give Arcam a call. I did notice that after it completed the LCD writing the unit shut off and then restarts. Nothing is showing on the display. This is were in the past I would get erasing MCU writing MCU

I turn off the unit and turn it back on. The display will say starting update then starting net and finally the update complete screen comes on

Is their anyway to get the unit to load the MCU update?

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's unfortunate. With the sdp-55 I've never had issues with LFE being missing with DTS tracks. If you hare having that issue I don't think a firmware change is going to fix it. Either you have a bad unit or there is something else going on with your configuration.
No if I revert to firmware 1.36 it is working, but then I have the plops wen I change mode or start or stop a movie.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
No not if I am using a profile with DLBC, if I use one whitout DLBC lfe works.
That is indeed strange, because I don’t have that issue, from what I can tell. Have you tried calibrating Dirac from scratch with newer firmware? It makes me wonder if that could be the issue. You could test it by only using one mic position so you only have to go through one cycle. Then, see if LFE works On the newer firmware with a Dirac calibration used with that firmware.

·
Registered
890 Posts
LFE and redirected bass are 2 different things. Is the redirected bass missing from below the cross over of the main channels or the LFE channel? What bass are you saying is missing with DTS tracks?

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
LFE and redirected bass are 2 different things. Is the redirected bass missing from below the cross over of the main channels or the LFE channel? What bass are you saying is missing with DTS tracks?
There is bass from the main speakers but the subs don't work I tried to set them to max on de sub and max in the Arcam but nothing on the subs.
This is only with DTS sound!

I did a complete new calibration. this issue started with firmware 1.40. If I revert to 1.36 everything is working but with the annoying plops.

I created a ticket with Arcam UK but no response as usual, so I tried it in the US they responded and are trying to reproduce.

I also created a ticket with Dirac, and they responded very quick and gave me a refund for the DLBC.

But I am fed up with the Arcam issues so I want to trade it for a Marantz 8805. Maybe it does not sound so nice but I can't enjoy the Arcam with al these issues.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Yes Audio delay

But now with 1.42 I guess there is no delay?
With 1.42 I'm noticing a 1-2 second delay when switching to Atmos. The switch to Atmos seems reliable for me so far.

Reactions: AVTimme

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
There is bass from the main speakers but the subs don't work I tried to set them to max on de sub and max in the Arcam but nothing on the subs.

I did a complete new calibration. this issue started with firmware 1.40. If I revert to 1.36 everything is working but with the annoying plops.

I created a ticket with Arcam UK but no response as usual, so I tried it in the US they responded and are trying to reproduce.

I also created a ticket with Dirac, and they responded very quick and gave me a refund for the DLBC.

But I am fed up with the Arcam issues so I want to trade it for a Marantz 8805. Maybe it does not sound so nice but I can't enjoy the Arcam with al these issues.
With both 1.36 and 1.42, I've been getting LFE (from the LFE output) with DTS-MA tracks when using basic Dirac and Dirac+Upmix. I have not tried full Dirac Bass Control yet. From my point of view, DTS audio has been the most reliable audio with the SDP-55. I'm noticing with 1.42 the Dolby track reliability is much improved. However, I've noticed no LFE issues other than Upmix being a little light with the bass (although it's definitely present).

·
Registered
976 Posts

Before you purchase the Marantz 8805 I suggest you visit that forum. You maybe trading in one headache for another.

I was going to post I have no problems with the sun bass channel on DTS. DLBC only works on the sub bass channel not LFE. Regular DIRAC works for that.

I have REL subs and the use different set of hook up so if LFE does not work I will never notice it.

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my JBL SDP-55.
But that seems to be the only problem now with 1.42 , so maybe there is hope afterall :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just updated my AVR20 to 1.42 (from 1.30) via USB. First time the update process has worked perfectly for me in 20 minutes. I'd bought a new 2GB USB 2.0 stick off ebay to use just for this. It's a no name metal body one, around £5 I think. Glad I did though.

Time to reload the Dirac profile for my room and get the inputs renamed etc.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Full optimism put back a bit. Loaded old Dirac profile in and basic speaker layout input. Audio processing makes everything sound like it's coming out of the left hand side speakers. Also the unit after a hard reboot went to 0 max on volume and 20 max volume. I've had that before and a reset cleared it up. That will have to wait until the morning now though. Shall not watch the next Star Trek Discovery tonight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Full optimism put back a bit. Loaded old Dirac profile in and basic speaker layout input. Audio processing makes everything sound like it's coming out of the left hand side speakers. Also the unit after a hard reboot went to 0 max on volume and 20 max volume. I've had that before and a reset cleared it up. That will have to wait until the morning now though. Shall not watch the next Star Trek Discovery tonight.

Further to this, not had a chance to reset it etc yet. From cold start all the audio comes out of the sub out at full range, nothing from any other speakers. It's done that twice now. This is with an old Dirac profile on. Not sure if the same with it off.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Further to this, not had a chance to reset it etc yet. From cold start all the audio comes out of the sub out at full range, nothing from any other speakers. It's done that twice now. This is with an old Dirac profile on. Not sure if the same with it off.

What version of DIRAC did you use to measure your old profile. Is it Dirac 2— and below ( I may have the wrong app #) then Dirac needs to be rerun. This is according to the DIRAC team.

So far DIRAC has worked fine for me.

The only problem I have is that host still shows 1.40.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

Happened to me as well. Going to standby and back fixed it

·
Registered
LG 65in C8 , Revel F206/C205/S206/C563, svs sb200x2, Arcam avr10, Emotiva basx500, db820, AT4k
50 Posts
So far 1.42 seems pretty good for me as well.. It’s also the first firmware that I’ve been able to adjust the Auro room size and level from the web interface and not having to go to the buttons on the unit to modify.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Running Dirac 3.09 at the moment. I'm going to do some new measurements anyway as I've changed the amp for my subwoofer as the eq on that needs sorting.

2581 - 2600 of 2749 Posts