AVS Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2800 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Remote code questions...(AV40)...lots of codes for Europe, but the US doesn't use most of the devices listed.
The Oppo code is 341, but it does not work for my Oppo 105. Also can't seem to unlock BD, so using PVR for now. Anyone else with an Oppo?
Have DirecTV C61 satelite box, and no codes listed. Any else have DTV? It is mfr'd by someone else, of course, but I don't know who.

Wife is going nuts trying to use 3 remotes to shut down TV, AV40, DTV, and 2 amps. Same with BD.

Tech support said 1.42 update included Dirac's latest 3.09 update, so Dirac was changed and improved, removing alot of issues.

Hi MMiles, traded in my Marantz for an AV40 (Z unit). Waited for JBL, but disasterous S/W, Lexicon, but they stopped FW updates...so a new adventure begins.
The most crytic control system I have ever seen, but the sound is awesome thus far.

I haven't seen any comments on video, but to me it is much improved over Marantz. Read about HDMI output mods on AV40, and I notice it...but I may be imaging things.

Haven't yet done Dirac, as I was waiting for this update...knowing it was coming. Now waiting for quiet time.

I foolishly didn't record the Speaker volumes calibrated with Shack meter, so now I need to do it again. I thought Dirac would take care of it. It does, but you can toggle Dirac on and off or turn it on for different inputs, and off for others....so when OFF, I didn't realize I needed the manual calibration readings. Learning as I go....keeps the brain young.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It is hard to read through this forum....angst!
I too had sub blast out full volume after the update without Dirac ever have been installed. I just got the unit...so it wasn't a Dirac issue. Spent better part of an hour trying to figure out what the heck the sub was doing!
Again, support told me Dirac fixed many issues with the 3.09 update that were taken into account in the 1.42 update, so one should not reload old Dirac settings, it needs to be rerun. They told me Dirac was working out major developmental "bugs" and Harman is trying to keep up.

Listening thus far great, but wife ready to throw me out, unless I get the remote issues figured out.

Reactions: Dr_Mark

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Further to this, not had a chance to reset it etc yet. From cold start all the audio comes out of the sub out at full range, nothing from any other speakers. It's done that twice now. This is with an old Dirac profile on. Not sure if the same with it off.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
I have had the same issue w/ 1.42 on my AV40. Haven’t run Dirac yet. Rebooting fixed it at the time.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Full optimism put back a bit. Loaded old Dirac profile in and basic speaker layout input. Audio processing makes everything sound like it's coming out of the left hand side speakers. Also the unit after a hard reboot went to 0 max on volume and 20 max volume. I've had that before and a reset cleared it up. That will have to wait until the morning now though. Shall not watch the next Star Trek Discovery tonight.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Looks like Dirac has updates, same with our firmware. Why not do a calication once more? I would think that would be the most effective with all the changes.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have had the same issue w/ 1.42 on my AV40. Haven’t run Dirac yet. Rebooting fixed it at the time.
I have noticed that on speaker type the default will sometimes just have one speaker on.

With this update you have to do a full reset then go to settings on line.

First go to home and set up the network.

Then configure the speaker type.

The confuse the rest to your liking.

I find this works and have no problems knock on wood.

The only thing not work is that host still shows 1.40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Having a 1.42 freakout! Preview of AI control!
After configuring everything successfully and powering down (a dozen times or so, including pulling out the plug on several attempts)... it is just going bonkers!

No matter what INPUT we are in, the AI *(Arcam Intelligence!) decides to change the input to DISPLAY and stay there. I go to SETUP, reconfigure the input, power down, but it keeps switching back to DISPLAY and I cannot get it to remain in any other input.

My temporary "trick" was to go into SETUP mode, and Configure Input...change it to what I want to see, then leaving it in this state (not pressing OK and returning to user mode)...but then I also need to turn off OSD.
Full sound now goes to sub after it was gone...a return of the disappearing bug. Repowering doesn't work anymore.

It gets more BIZARRE....decided to power down and it shut off and then it goes into standy, light red (normal behavior), then it repowers itself on and goes right back to DISPLAY. It has a mind of its own.

Finally, I shut it down and pulled out the plug.

Restarting, all sound goes to SUBWOOFER. AI returns to this bug. Set trims to -10, turn levels down, but it is still unbearable. Actually, sometimes the sub is normal after power down, sometimes it isn't. Hasn't made up its mind yet!
Getting that angst feeling.

The only way to shut the unit off is to press the front power button. (That is what my wife had to do the other night when I went to bed first....I just thought that she wasn't yet up to speed, but perhaps not!)

Will call service on Monday....guess I'll leave the plug out tonight.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Having a 1.42 freakout! Preview of AI control!
After configuring everything successfully and powering down (a dozen times or so, including pulling out the plug on several attempts)... it is just going bonkers!

No matter what INPUT we are in, the AI *(Arcam Intelligence!) decides to change the input to DISPLAY and stay there. I go to SETUP, reconfigure the input, power down, but it keeps switching back to DISPLAY and I cannot get it to remain in any other input.

My temporary "trick" was to go into SETUP mode, and Configure Input...change it to what I want to see, then leaving it in this state (not pressing OK and returning to user mode)...but then I also need to turn off OSD.
Full sound now goes to sub after it was gone...a return of the disappearing bug. Repowering doesn't work anymore.

It gets more BIZARRE....decided to power down and it shut off and then it goes into standy, light red (normal behavior), then it repowers itself on and goes right back to DISPLAY. It has a mind of its own.

Finally, I shut it down and pulled out the plug.

Restarting, all sound goes to SUBWOOFER. AI returns to this bug. Set trims to -10, turn levels down, but it is still unbearable. Actually, sometimes the sub is normal after power down, sometimes it isn't. Hasn't made up its mind yet!
Getting that angst feeling.

The only way to shut the unit off is to press the front power button. (That is what my wife had to do the other night when I went to bed first....I just thought that she wasn't yet up to speed, but perhaps not!)

Will call service on Monday....guess I'll leave the plug out tonight.
I hope they send you a new unit. I don’t have any of your problems.

I think you have CEC off. I dislike CEC as it does what you describe. I have noticed that by default Arcam has CEC off.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, make sure CEC is set to OFF, both on the Arcam and on your TV. Depending on the combination of TV and sources, CEC can do crazy things

·
Registered
Sony VW260, Arcam AV40, NAD M27, KEF R500/600/100/R50/R400b 5.1.2
1 Posts
Hi guys, just registered here to share my Arcam Firmware troubles.
I got my AV40 on 1.40 and it worked fine, updated to 1.42 and full range sound came out of the subwoofer.
Rebooting, reinstalling software or Dirac profiles didn’t help. Turning off the sub made the sound thin and strange.
Shame, 1.42 seemed stable but I had to go back to 1.40.

·
Registered
580 Posts
First time using Dirac...keep getting the low signal to noise ratio error. When I raise the volume and mic upwards, the sound gets lower. Hear sweep in all speakers OK. Do I need to set the volume on the AV40 to any particular value? How and where do you adjust the sub...is there another app, or is this later on in the process?
Thanks

Also I have CEC turned off to correct problems. Why should I ever turn it on? Unsure if TV has CEC or not (vintage 2013 Sony XBR).

·
Registered
580 Posts
follow up...went to Dirac site and saw shopping list....do we need to purchase anything for the license?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Bear with me while I get used to Dirac. After calibrating, I noticed a high level rolloff on my FR speaker. Checking all the connections, which in my case is not easy, noticed that one of the tweeter inputs was not secure (I have an outboard crossover amp). Must have happened while swapping out processors.
I will retry Dirac to see if that led to my setup issues.

In my second system, this one, I only have one sub. Is the bass purchase option necessary in this case?
I use a REL for LFE as RCL's set at small 40 Hz.
When I get to the Theater, it has 4 subs....

Also, for some reason switching bugs disappeared for now.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Bear with me while I get used to Dirac. After calibrating, I noticed a high level rolloff on my FR speaker. Checking all the connections, which in my case is not easy, noticed that one of the tweeter inputs was not secure (I have an outboard crossover amp). Must have happened while swapping out processors.
I will retry Dirac to see if that led to my setup issues.

In my second system, this one, I only have one sub. Is the bass purchase option necessary in this case?
I use a REL for LFE as RCL's set at small 40 Hz.
When I get to the Theater, it has 4 subs....

Also, for some reason switching bugs disappeared for now.
If you only have one sub then the Bass progam license is not necessary as Arcam license with DIRAC covers one bass

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
Okay this is nuts I called customer service and they told me that the USB flash drive should not be bigger then 4GB. He stated that 8GB may work.

I have an 8GB usb flash drive and tried the update with it. I now have host 1,42. It loaded faster and everything works well.

Can the problem some have reported be from a flash drive larger than 8GB?

I never tbought the size of a flash drive will cause problems. Is the Arcam only able to read drives 8GB or less?

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Glad that it worked for you. They suggest about 1 - 2 GB for whatever reason. I had to extract files onto the same USB on a Windows machine, while using my Mac, apperently opening the zip, while appearing to work, creates some differences in the very specific file type that the Arcam is looking for although the files look exactly the same of Fat32 formatted USB. Must not be that many Mac users in England? Poor chaps.

Glad that "everything works well", wow!

Just got through Dirac, not without issues, but made it through OK.
Now onto the remote codes...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Can you load a Dirac profile back onto the AV40 from your computer, after a factory reset in case I need to do one? How does one do that? I see the stored profile on DiracLive, but don't know how to get to reload it without going through the calibration windows. Thanks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Can you load a Dirac profile back onto the AV40 from your computer, after a factory reset in case I need to do one? How does one do that? I see the stored profile on DiracLive, but don't know how to get to reload it without going through the calibration windows. Thanks.
You open DIRAC and after click on Arcam you go to the first screen on top click the file button. I think that’s what’s it’s called and then load project. Pick the project you want and Dirac loads this file. This can take awhile so be patient.

After its loading Dirac takes you to the filter screen were you can do some adjustments if you want.

If you are happy with the adjustments just click proceed and you go to the screen were Dirac gets loaded. Pick an empty spot and Dirac loads the file to Arcam. When done exit by either saving the file or clucking on cancel to save that is it

2601 - 2620 of 2800 Posts