AVS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 2107 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Has anyone been able to install the v99 firmware ?
Getting no joy installing it via a USB stick as an error message stating missing file keeps popping up
Tried the IP address of the machine and managed to install the .swu file but not the .fw file ( error message saying something about a corrupted file )
I just saw there is a v99 update. Debating if I should try it or not. Not worth it for me as none of the following fix list are issues that affects me. No Dirac yet :mad:

Fix list: 20810: Network playback source not paused if switching away from the input. 20890: IMAX Enhanced enabled. 21188: Audio lost with ChromeCast Ultra on some Atmos streams. 21198: Apple TV 4k/Netflix/Atmos stream – audio takes 30 seconds if exiting to menu and going back.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Has anyone been able to install the v99 firmware ?
Getting no joy installing it via a USB stick as an error message stating missing file keeps popping up
Tried the IP address of the machine and managed to install the .swu file but not the .fw file ( error message saying something about a corrupted file )
Update went fine for me and a few others on the UK forum.

Couple of tips. It tends to work a lot better for me when I just plug the usb stick in whilst it is in standby then wait for it to powerup and finally the button combination to start the update.
If it still doesn't work make sure the USB stick is formatted in FAT or FAT32 and has a volume name.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I just saw there is a v99 update. Debating if I should try it or not. Not worth it for me as none of the following fix list are issues that affects me. No Dirac yet :mad:

Fix list: 20810: Network playback source not paused if switching away from the input. 20890: IMAX Enhanced enabled. 21188: Audio lost with ChromeCast Ultra on some Atmos streams. 21198: Apple TV 4k/Netflix/Atmos stream – audio takes 30 seconds if exiting to menu and going back.
Same here. V95 is working well, no need to roll the dice until v1.0.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Are there any avr10 users here? Debating on it or the avr390 with its known bugs that probably will never get fixed.

I don't need the extra channels and plan to use a mini dsp for multiple subs.

Have any of you came from the fmj line to compare against the hda? (True can't fully compare without dirac)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update went fine for me and a few others on the UK forum.

Couple of tips. It tends to work a lot better for me when I just plug the usb stick in whilst it is in standby then wait for it to powerup and finally the button combination to start the update.
If it still doesn't work make sure the USB stick is formatted in FAT or FAT32 and has a volume name.
Still no joy here. No idea why

BTW. Can you provide a link to the UK forum ? Thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
Arcam AVR10/20/30 & AV40 & PA240/410/720

With my AVR 550 I always found that audio playback was kinda messy with my PS4 Pro. Volume would go up or go down during cutscenes for example. I never really tested extensively, I’m using Dirac, Dolby Surround and PCM 7.1 output if that matters. If anyone would care to share his experience with the new line of AVR and PS4 (if any at this point), it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
What are they?
The atmos height channel crossovers are reset when the unit loses power. I don't believe it happens when going into standby but you'll need to check the avr550 thread for confirmation. Also I've read something about the channel mapping of dts:x mixes have sounds going to the wrong speakers. People are using an older firmware that fixes it but maybe losing thx enhanced mode.....again i would refer you to the avr550 thread for more details which you can search. Also only 1 crossover setting.

I'm liking the improvements with the newer models but wonder how sonically different it is which i haven't seen too much talk about. Mostly people posting bugs and updating the firmware.

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts
Maybe a small UPS can help in the reset issue.

True the AV390, 550, 850 stores one curve but you can have other loaded on your laptop. The only fear is what gets jogged when you reload a new curve.

The 390 is still an active product and offers 7.1.4 dirac cheap.

Back to our our regular scheduled program

·
Registered
612 Posts
The atmos crossover issue only happens when powering it off. Not when going into stand by

Reactions: BobDyl

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
Same here. V95 is working well, no need to roll the dice until v1.0.

Members on the UK forum are experiencing improvements by upgrading to v0.99.

Also, are you expecting v1.0 to fix all known bugs anyhow? I'm expecting we'll see v1.x releases fixing additional bugs going forward.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

Also, are you expecting v1.0 to fix all known bugs anyhow? I'm expecting we'll see v1.x releases fixing additional bugs going forward.
For me the are 2 major bugs remaining. An IP control crash when dealing with Zone 2 which was finally isolated last week and they have agreed to fix and digital screeching on Dolby Digital Plus stereo downmix which should hopefully be forwarded next week as can now be replicated easily. Once these 2 are dealt with from my POV it is pretty solid. There are still other smaller bugs I know of in the web interface and with very specific DD+ streams but these will only affect a small minority of users.

V99 in general is fast and reliable. If V1.X adds Dirac and fixes the 2 bugs above I would consider it ready for most users. Auro, DTS:X Pro and the smaller bug fixes can come later.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts

No, I’m not expecting v1.0 to be a panacea, but I believe others here have stated it should include Dirac. V.95 is working pretty well for me, and fixed most of the issues I had that were introduced in the FW patch before it.

Those bugs in v.86 made the unit basically unplayable in my system. I don’t want to roll the dice on introducing bugs from a FW that’s designed for issues I’m not experiencing and doesn’t offer any new features/ usability for me.

I also expect more bugs to pop up over time, and hope and expect Arcam to release further FW that will address those and add other features past v1.0.

But just like my phone, not all FW/OS updates are worth it or bulletproof. So I pick and choose.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Where/how does it fail?
If I use a USB stick it says ERR No File. If I try to push it through the webui it says,
Image invalid or corrupted. Not installing ...

ERROR core/cpio_utils.c : extract_cpio_header : 518 : CPIO Header corrupted, cannot be parsed

ERROR core/cpio_utils.c : get_cpiohdr : 48 : CPIO Format not recognized: magic not found

[scan_ubi_volumes] : mtd7: Volume found : nsdk-settings

[scan_ubi_volumes] : mtd7: Volume found : nsdk-rootfs

Software Update started !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sbquart, I'm encountering the exact same errors as you
I have sent an email to Arcam re : this (and with regards to my ongoing issues with non functioning arc with my samsung tv)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did you format your flash drive to FAT, name the volume, and remove all other files?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Did you format your flash drive to FAT, name the volume, and remove all other files?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
+ It wont work if you don't get this right.

Also try inserting the USB stick whilst the Arcam is in standby before powerup and using a stick of 64GB or less is recommended.

661 - 680 of 2107 Posts