AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a chance to buy the Arcam AVR350 at an exceptional price brand new, but the sale ends in 24hrs. I need you're guys' help asap.

I've heard great things about this receiver and the musicality of the Arcams but am wondering about whether its HT capabilities are up to snuff.

Not sure if it has HDMI 1.3 or how the video processor compares with the high end Onkyo, Sherwood Newcastle, Marantz, or Denons.

I'll be running them on a 7.0 system for now using the AV123 Strata Minis which are rated at 86db as the front L and R speakers.

Thanks for any help

Raz

·
Registered
555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztec /forum/post/12936063

Hello

I have a chance to buy the Arcam AVR350 at an exceptional price brand new, but the sale ends in 24hrs. I need you're guys' help asap.

I've heard great things about this receiver and the musicality of the Arcams but am wondering about whether its HT capabilities are up to snuff.

Not sure if it has HDMI 1.3 or how the video processor compares with the high end Onkyo, Sherwood Newcastle, Marantz, or Denons.

I'll be running them on a 7.0 system for now using the AV123 Strata Minis which are rated at 86db as the front L and R speakers.

Thanks for any help

Raz

Here's a link to the owner's manual.
http://www.arcam.co.uk/downloads/DiVA%20AVR350%20E.pdf

It does not say whether it's hdmi 1.0 or 1.1. Also, it just gives ability for HDMI switching, no upconversion, which should be ok if you are planning to buy a BD player which can also upconvert. If the price is right and if you can confirm if it's HDMI 1.1, you should go for it. It's a tossup between able to get lossless audio with HDMI 1.1 vs get the great Arcam sound with toslink.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts