5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/15516507

Will they have a black model?

Why??? There are plenty of black players to choose from. All other brands only have black models. I would be willing to pay $3800 for Denon's new universal player, but it looks like it too will only be available in black in the US.

I'm happy to see that there finally will be some silver colored blu-ray players to match the rest of my gear...

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/15516507

Will they have a black model?

everything Arcam makes is in Black or Silver. Silver is the most popular color in the UK according to Arcam.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What do you think the chances are that it will be SACD/DVD-A capable?

That would be a huge selling feature for me.

If i'm going to drop big bucks on a single player I hope I don't need something else to play all my media types.

After seeing their new AVR at 5K+, I'm not opptomistic I'll ever own one anyway...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is Arcam ever coming out with their Blu-ray player? It was announced in January of 09 and was set to be released in June. What happened?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe /forum/post/17638747

Is Arcam ever coming out with their Blu-ray player? It was announced in January of 09 and was set to be released in June. What happened?

The company that Arcam partnered to provide their Blu-ray video/audio decoding solution apparently decided not to continue development of a Blu-ray decoding solution. This put the player development time back and the revised release date is now early 2010 last I heard.

D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzerxxx /forum/post/17639388

The company that Arcam partnered to provide their Blu-ray video/audio decoding solution apparently decided not to continue development of a Blu-ray decoding solution. This put the player development time back and the revised release date is now early 2010 last I heard.

D

Interesting. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts