AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I calibrated SDR on my display with the MobileForge Pattern Generator app on my Nvidia Shield, using Calman Home. I read on these forums that you can use an HDfury device, such as the Linker, that can inject HDR metadata and upscale to 4K patterns from any pattern generator. I have an Arcana coming in the mail this week. Does that claim still hold true for this particular device? Or do I need a different device? I used Masciola's HDR10 patterns but it was a little tedious and I'm not too satisfied with my personal results using these manually.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Hi,

MobileForge is not bit-perfect with any supported device.

The shield is not recommended as a patch generation solution from any calibration software.

When you want to convert SDR patches to HDR, it will require to have a bit-perfect RGB patch generator.

Even a small error like in SDR of 1-2 digital codes can provide 35-70 nits difference during patch generation in HDR10.

PGenerator + HD Fury Linker is the lowest cost solution for SDR+HDR10 patches generation, and it works with all free/paid calibration solutions (except ChromaPure).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.