AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a screen wall, however on the two sides of the screen above where the speakers will be covered by the screen wall fabric, I want to put in two small niches with a small recessed spotlight in them. Any ideas or photos anyone came across or done something similar? Thank you.

Something like the following:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very much a DIY. And I haven't even posted pics of the room before here but here you go. The props are kind of campy but fitting, and I like it. I don't need WAF, because the rest of the house is hers to decide, but the basement is mine, all mine!!
First time I picked up a hammer (or drywall knife) Talk about learning to mud and tape through "trial by fire" because the face of it is 5 pieces of seperate drywall because all I had left were scraps and I didn't want to make another Home Depot run for 1 sheet of drywall.

·
Registered
580 Posts
thanks for brining Idea up. I have a dead space as you enter my basement, similar to E39s62's space, that will be a double wall for no other reason than to conceal a support colum. I think I have some more framing do do! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts