AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not believe it but it looks like all three of my tubes on my 1100 are shot. They seem to be either arching externaly or on the inside. The blue will arch from the corner of the tube to the metal frame. The green and red sounds like they are arching internaly. Once this happens the red LED will come on, on the board by the HV transformer and at that point the arching stops.

Could all three of the tubes be shot or is there something else going on?

Does anyone need any Barco parts?

Thanks

Deron

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Deron, I don't know this from experience, as I've never found a Barco 9" cheap enough, but others have reported really bad experiences with the SD146 tubes. I believe that Curt at one point bought 3 1100's and only got one working unit out of it because all the other tubes were internally shorted. They are apparently notorious for this. This company offers used SD146's for about 300 pounds sterling (I think its still pretty cheap). http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/parts.htm

·
Registered
827 Posts
these tubes are ****, ****, ****,

I had several nightmares, and I have a VISION 1500 which does have now

the third SET !!!!!!!!!!!!!. The last new green was internally shortening the

G2 with dot crawl on the tue and odd chroma flickering of the image,

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the best thing to do is part it out. Sounds like this PJ is going to be nothing but trouble if I try to fix it.

Hate to see that, as it would have been a very nice PJ.

Deron

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any ideas.

Thanks

Deron

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Yes, disconnect the HV leads of the tubes and only plug in one tube at a time. It does sounds like you have problems with one or more tubes though..

Curt

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curt

I disconnected all three tubes and the red LED does not come on. If I hook up any of the tubes (one at a time) I can hear arching that sounds like it is coming from inside of the tube and sometimes I can see it come out of the corner of the tube or I will see the tail end of the tube glow blue, then it stops and the red LED will come on. It's not so bad with all three of the tubes connected, but with just one it is worse. I tried turning the gain down on the tubes, but the high voltage is still leaking through.

Could there be to high of a voltage. Or are all three tubes shot. It sounds odd that all three tubes would go at once, but then again I hear these tubes are junk.

If I knew that three good tubes would fix it I would retube it, but I'm worried I might end up dumping a whole bunch of money into this PJ and still have problems.

Thanks

Deron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.