Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Okay Here's what I want to do. I have a bunch of old videos on vhs that I want to presurve and make copies of so I want to convert them to VCD's. How much hard drive space does a typical two hour movie take up? What would be the best PVR card to do this? Would a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR model 880 which can do a raw avi capture work better then say a leadtek tv2000 deluxe? Or how about a creative's PVR card?

I also want to use the card in a HTPC to run my panny ae-100. I don't want to spend the money for a H3D card right now. My regular cable and VCR are just pluged into my panny with the composite video in. The DVD player is using the component, I'd like to eventually move my PC downstairs or build a dedicated HTPC. Here are my specs right now:Intel Celeron 1700mhz 512 mb 1066 RDRAM, 2x40 gig maxtors (raid 0), onboard sound, and a nVidia TI4400. I play a lot of games so I'm probably going to buy a new audigy 2. I know its not the best for a HTPC but I'm not sure how to run two sound cards in one box and I have a reciever so I just need audio out to my reciever and let it do the DD/DTS decoding for me. Thanks in advance guys, man why didn't I find this site years ago?...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.