AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Archos 504 for trips to and from Japan. I previously had a 60GB iPod. I downloaded the Archos plug-in to be able to play the iPod movies that I already converted. The problem is that I cant really hear the sound. When the actors are just talking normal I can't hear a damn think on the plane. Is there something I can do during the conversion process to increase the volume of the sound? I need help.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have an Archos 504 and I love it. However the first thing that I noticed with it is it does not have a lot of audio output power. If you have a file that was made with lower than normal sound level, you can't crank up the volume on the Archos to compensate for it. The only way around it is to ensure when you encode a file you need to normalize or boost the audio. Many encoder programs do not have this function. However some do. Find an encoding program that supports boosting or normalizing the audio when converting between formats. The freeware program PocketdivxEncoder does audio normalization, but it may not import Apple encoded files.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.