AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a store called audio/video electronics and was asking about LCD projectors. The guy told me that he would never sell a customer an LCD projector and that their image quality was terrible. I said I was thinking of the Sanyo PLV 60 cause I heard it was a pretty good midrange projector. He said I would be better looking for an old 200 dollar CRT projector out of some dusty old pub.

I was seriously pissed off at this guy to say the least. I never told him how much research I had been doing on projectors, but this guy must have taken me for a newbie. Whenever I see a saleman in his young 20s I usually don't believe anything they say (im 21) because they are usually a bunch of ********ters like this guy.

Is it true that a $200 CRT will be better than a Sanyo LCD projector that costs $4700?

Aaron

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi Aaron,

I don't know about a $200 CRT projector. You know the saleman was just BS you!

I do have NO doubt that a $4700 CRT projector will give a WAY better picture than a $4700 LCD. That is if you're only asking for picture quality.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
99 Posts
Better is not a word i would use.....for a long time there has bin a "war" going on with LCD and CRT, and there are pros and cons on each....i once was a CRT user (sony vph-1041Q) and sayd that this unit beats any LCD. Now i have a sony VPL-W400Q, and it kicked the old CRT's purpel butt. The LCD has the problem with it's black level, but this is soon to be a problem se at old LCD's, and then wee have the screen door....well.....this was alredy almost fixed at the old w400q....sooo the gap between LCD and CRT are getting smaller....but they will have a hard time getting the CRT's smaller. all in all...a 200 buck CRT would not be a good buy, if you planed a new LCD.....you have a lot more digital tweaking, and light to play with...so...go kick that sales...boy.

Nicolas

Sony vpl-w400q

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.