AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone knows if all the KD36Xs955s are made in the United States. I just bought a used one and noticed that it was made in PA.

I was surprised because I have a KD34XBR960n that was made in Mexico and an older Sony 32XBR100 that was also made in Mexico.

I was thinking that maybe all the 36 Sonys are made in the U.S.

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Damn, sure wish I had been able to score one of those SFPT Sonys. I've got the XBR970 and I like it but I know the SFPT sets must be sooooo much cooler. But I'm too paranoid to buy anything used. If I can't get something new I don't bother. It really blows that Sony stopped making them.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nice thing about buying one used at a good low price is that it gives you more options. If you have problems you can either get it fixed or just throw it away.

You dont lose that much cash.........

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman1972 /forum/post/0

But I'm too paranoid to buy anything used. If I can't get something new I don't bother. It really blows that Sony stopped making them.

I'm not selling mine (well at least not for under $3k) but if I did there wouldn't be that much risk as I did get a 5 year in home warrentee that I believe is transferable. That could be a big factor in buying used (in my case it was a refurb and I have had zero problems)

Will check tonight on whether made in USA or not.

yes PA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.