AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it correct to assume that all XGA capable LCD projectors are HDTV compatible?

If not, what criteria can I use to determine this?

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
This question was asked and answered less than two weeks ago in this forum--search on the keywords "XGA HDTV compatible" and you will find several threads on the subject, including this one.

------------------
Sc>cc>oc>tc>tc> Gc>ac>mc>mc>ac>nc>sc>
My Website

[This message has been edited by Scott Gammans (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I would add that if you drive your XGA with a Hipix, which does "768p", that it will work. The Hipix will put out a signal meant for an XGA display - I think it's unique in this regard.

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Not all Projecters that can handle XGA are HD compatible. It is a case by case basis as to what will accept it and what won't.

Remember as well, that HDTV ranges from 720P to 1080P. Which res are you referring to? Also, some XGA machines will not accept 720P

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm specifically inquiring about 540P / 1080i compatibility. Just trying to make sure that whatever projector I select will properly display HDTV images connected to the DTC-100 and my HTPC.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I can tell you that my DTC-100 and my HTPC work perfectly with my XGA-resolution NEC VT540 LCD projector.

------------------
Sc>cc>oc>tc>tc> Gc>ac>mc>mc>ac>nc>sc>
Visit the Scooterplex
Let's hear it for Enterprise on HDNet!

[This message has been edited by Scott Gammans (edited 10-11-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.