Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I want a DVD player for an old (5-8 years) TV. It is my brother's TV and he is not a video enthusiast. It is fairly a small TV (16" or 18") without any component or (I believe) even any S-Video inputs. So I want to get him a DVD player for Christmas that will work reliably, but it would be a waste of money getting him something very fancy.

I've seen inexpensive Mintek players at Walmart, Amazon, and other places and they appear to be the about what he needs. But they feel a bit cheap to me and I wonder if the things are made well enough to last him a few years.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Tim

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I've had good luck with the $90 Daewoo players from Sam's Club. However, 2 weeks ago, I picked up an "open box" Panasonic DVD-RP32K from Circuit City for $69.99 + tax. For the price I paid, this is a very good player. You might want to check out your local CC stores for "open box" DVD players at good prices.

Actually, mine was $89.99, but my CC stores throw the boxes away for their "open box" items. This meant that I wouldn't be entitled to the $20 rebate that is currently being offered on this player. The salesperson quickly dropped $20.00 off the price for me. My player was outstanding - no scratches, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.