AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my 18" dish for DirecTV HD. Are all elliptical dishes the same? I'm looking at the Sony san24md1 for my yet to be delivered Zenith 1080 stb.

[This message has been edited by sdf777 (edited 10-05-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had the same question a couple of weeks ago. All of the responses that i received indicated that all dishes are created equal. i also read somewhere that there are only 2 manufacturers - channel master and kti(?). When my dish arrived the other day it came in a box with channel master logos - only the dish has a direct tv logo on it. go for the best deal.

[This message has been edited by greg o (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think that was in the Bill of Rights. :)

[This message has been edited by webmarin (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same question and I just started a thread asking for opinions on TERK dishes. I've had probs with the LNBs that TERK provided and at this point, I'd answer that there is a difference between dishes. The friends of mine who've bought the RCA eliptical dish haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FYI...there are several people on EBAY that sell the DirectTV eliptal 18X24 dish for less than $100. Those dishes are $149 at most retail outlets. Just do a search on "HDTV Dish"

·
Registered
200 Posts
The only question I asked when I bought (what I discovered to be) Terk Direct TV elliptical for $149 was :

Can it be hooked up to my existing line from the outside of my house to my receiver? I did not want to play around with the 4 receiver multiswitch installation. My other round dish has a dual LNB going into a separately mounted 4 receiever multiswitch.

The elliptical Terk had 4 lines coming out of internal multiswitch. No external box. I just had to hook it up to my existing line to a single sat receiver, very easy. If I want to add more, then I have to run more line from any new receiver. I have had no problems whatsoever with the the dish or connections.

dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.