AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Samsung DLP and was wondering, as a general rule, are the best bargains before the Superbowl (assumes that retailers know there'll be good demand, buy in larger volumes, and pass along the savings) or after (demand drops, retailer knows that now that the increased demand of the Superbowl is over they need to make things more attractive)? I haven't been following price trends long enough to know when the best time to buy is, so any feedback is welcome. Does CES or some other event influence prices?

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Buy now but make sure you can get a 30 day price match. That way, you can enjoy the game on your new set and still be able to take advantage of any post game price drops.:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have bought two bigscreens in the past six years, one two weeks ago. I have found the best deals on the new year sets to be right before the superbowl.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have also heard from all retailers that this is the best time to get a good deal on a TV, before Superbowl. After that price come back up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont think the price of the dlp units will go up. They are already at the msrp. I think prices of the sets should go down approximately a month after the super bowl.

Again this is all speculation. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Because the post-SuperBowl return rates are higher than normal (according to rumour), then you can probably get a good deal on a returned model afterwards. Of course it might be missing a remote or some cables or it might have beer spilled inside where you can't see it......but you could get a very good deal that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.