AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on this forum that they are good speakers for HT. I can get any Definitive speaker for half off, are they worth it? My main use for them is for HT. But are they better than my Polk monitor series? I know some of you will say that I need to hear for myself. But overall does Definitive make a better speaker than Polk?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I think any speaker has better sound quality then the Polk Monitor series.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazersteven /forum/post/12981805

I think any speaker has better sound quality then the Polk Monitor series.

Including Sony and Bose?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would say absolutely!

Even if you don't like them, you can always sell them either here, or on Ebay. I am sure since you are getting such a great deal, it would be easy to get your money back and probably even more.

You have to know somebody in the business...how are you getting such a great deal?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes20 /forum/post/12981974

I get 50% off because of my BB discount. That's most likely how.

Yep, I'm planning on using my employee discount.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hmmm...If Bestbuy offers 50% for employees that means they buy the speakers from the manufacturer for 25% or less.
I think I will apply for part-time job at BB to get that and then quit LOL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Our discount is 5% above cost. They still make money and we still get many things for dirt cheap.

I'm still debating the Def Techs. Gah, I can never make up my mine on speakers.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nith /forum/post/12982216

Hmmm...If Bestbuy offers 50% for employees that means they buy the speakers from the manufacturer for 25% or less.

LOL, you read my mind!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nith /forum/post/12982216

Well you have to wait 30 days before you actually get your discount. BTW Codes at what BB do you work?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just one question for you BB empolyees,

Will they allow you to purchase them and try them out in your home? Or, would they charge you a restocking fee if you didn't like them?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDucky /forum/post/12982284

Just one question for you BB empolyees,

Will they allow you to purchase them and try them out in your home? Or, would they charge you a restocking fee if you didn't like them?

You can try anything at home and if you don't like it then you can return it. No restocking fees.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the link kmlm13 but I don't see any Definitives in that face off. No one else has any opinions?

·
Registered
657 Posts
5% above cost, this is for any thing in the store; and there is no limit?

Proposition to BB employees out there! buy for me the mythos one and I'll pay you 25% of the total cost

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wish I could, but I've had many friends fired for such, heh.

Cables and anything audio (home/car) are the real deals. Though I did get a 42" Panasonic plasma (PX75U) for $600 due to a rebate from Panasonic on top of our discount.

I've been debating whether or not they are worth it and have been demoing other speakers for a while. It's kind of getting old, but I refuse to settle.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Def tech speakers are pretty solid. I'm not a huge fan of their bipole designed towers, but they put out a nice sound. I do like their mythos series. Good sound quality, and very flexible as far as placement.

I have a definitive sub, and it blew everything else I listened to for the price at the time. It's a PF1500.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts