Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is some additional info taken from the labels on each lens:

"Delta HD-8, REV. B"

Each has a unique number. Although I suspect these are just serial numbers, maybe they provide some information:

199603290002009A

199603290011529A

199603290003389A

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'll take a shot.

I believe these lenses are "Color Corrected" which in USPL's (now CPL, the lens manufacturer) terms means that the lens is optically clear, no color, no color abberations introduced by the lenses. This is different from color correcting lenses which have a tint and change the spectral qualities of the light.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have been told if you hold them up to a light source you should see the color correction...looking through you should see either Red or Green...I doubt Blue will be corrected.

My Ampros also use HD-8 rev B...the first four digits are the build year...after that I'm not sure, but out of my six, no two numbers are the same, so I think it's strictly serial numbers.

Mine are not color corrected.

I know with my NEC XG, the color correcting lenses fit over the tube face.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I actually spoke to a local Barco dealer and he told me that they are not "color corrected" as I know it. In fact, when I look thru the front of the lens (while not mounted) at about a 45 degree angle, all 3 lenses seem to give off a *magenta* tinit. I assume that this is normal because all 3 do it.

Thanks again,

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.