AVS Forum banner

501 - 503 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Hello Magnum. I just finished installing them. What do you think? You can check them out below:
Yeah, that looks pretty good from what I can see, very close to the Auro-3D layout and it should work well for Atmos as well.

You didn't sound thrilled in the Atmos thread, though. You can always move the listening couch forward or backward a bit if the dude ir back fill is a but short or too close. I'd recommend watching a movie like Fury with Brad Pitt or the original Jumanji in Atmos to try it out that really uses the speakers or perhaps a music disc like Yello's new Atmos version of their Point album or Booka Shade's Dear Future Self and see what you think then.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, that looks pretty good from what I can see, very close to the Auro-3D layout and it should work well for Atmos as well.

You didn't sound thrilled in the Atmos thread, though. You can always move the listening couch forward or backward a bit if the dude ir back fill is a but short or too close. I'd recommend watching a movie like Fury with Brad Pitt or the original Jumanji in Atmos to try it out that really uses the speakers or perhaps a music disc like Yello's new Atmos version of their Point album or Booka Shade's Dear Future Self and see what you think then.
I watched some movies from Netflix in lossy Atmos(Daredevil, some scenes of the old guard, lost in space). The soundstage indeed got wider and taller, but i get i feeling like having too much reverb in the space. Moreover i think that dialogue is at the same level as my effects. I dont know how to describe it, maybe im wrong, i should watch more content to check it out.

·
Registered
368 Posts

Magnum, can you take a look ? I want to sound treat my living room and im not sure about what it has to be done. First of all bass traps(50x30x30) into the 4 corners of front wall, would this be ok?
Sound absorvtion on the left wall, into tweeters height? Where else i can put absorvtion, since there is no right or back wall? Into the main wall behind speakers?
Sound absorving curtain again on the left wall? If yes what type?
Into the ceiling im skeptikal to put diffusion. Maybe i can do this at a latter stage.
I will probably use carpet on the floor.

What do you think my friend?

Attachments

501 - 503 of 503 Posts