AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy I want to show MGS4 to but I'm in act 4 and don't want to give away too much so I'd like to go back to a section in act 1.

Does anyone know if each save can be played independently without altering saves that you've made later in the game, are they kind of like individual timelines or pieces of the same timeline and once you load one, you negate everything after?

I ask because I wanted to do the same thing to show someone COD4 and tried to load a past save point and it told me that loading it would erase all my game progress after that save point (this was xbox version). I'm glad it told me but I'm paranoid of a game not telling me and having to replay everything because I wanted to show someone an earlier point in the game.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
loading earlier saves in MGS4 does nothing to the new ones unless you resave over a more recent slot. I was showing my friends some stuff and i reloaded 3 or 4 different saves.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corymat /forum/post/14244506

Does anyone know if each save can be played independently without altering saves that you've made later in the game, are they kind of like individual timelines or pieces of the same timeline and once you load one, you negate everything after?

For MGS4 each save is it's own universe; you can go back and forth to redo certain sections. I did this myself when redoing the end of one act and the mission briefing of another. The only issue is that each MGS4 act is installed over (or otherwise replaces) the previous act. Meaning you'll need to re-install Act 1 to show your buddy anything and then will need to reinstall Act 4 when you go back to your "regular" save.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts