AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small area, 13x13. I was wondering if JBL's studio L series 880's would do more harm then good. I have a velodyne foundation sub. Would i be better off with a small thin floor standing speaker like the definitive tech mythos ?

·
Banned
8,503 Posts
My music listening room is 10' X 20' and partially open on one side. Big floorstanders in there sound boomy and activate a room mode that makes one particular bass frequency louder than the rest. Bookshelf speakers sound great in that room.

Now for the weird part: the same big floorstanders sound good in my HT room, which is only 12' square!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
I've got the Studio L 890s in a room 13x17 for stereo only. I've added some padding to the walls right next to the speakers to stop the first early reflections. The system sounds very good, but I'm also only using an 85w receiver. When I had them in the Large ht they were getting 220w.

I think the 880s would be alright in there, but you might try the L 820 on-walls, as you already have a sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.