AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have companies stopped making LD players and releasing movies on LD? I havn't seen any in a while now in stores and was wondering if this technology has been given up on....

Secondly... should I dump my movies and player while I still can. I'd hate for one day my player to break down on me and be stuck with 40 or so movies. ALthough it may be too late and they may not be worth dirt now....maybe i'll just use them for decorations :)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Other than a few Japanese market LD's, disc production has stopped. Pioneer has proably finished it's final production runs of Japanese market players too. You can stille find new DVL 919 & 91's here and there in the U.S., but importation has stopped. You can buy an extra player for the future if you care to. I have 5 players, so I expect to be able to play my discs till I'm just sick of them. If you have some of the better titles you'd have no trouble selling them on E-bay, but P & S copies of films out on DVD don't bring too many bids. If you have good titles they often bid up to unexpected heights. I won a copy of THE GREAT MCGINTY on E-bay yesterday. There are plenty of LD's around worth watching IMO. Best wishes from Laserland!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.