AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just "hooked-up" my WinTV card to my HTPC which feeds my AE-100 projector. Even using Dscaler, I get these wavy diagonal lines moving through the picture. The degree constantly varies. Sometimes it's real bad and moments later their almost completely gone. Is this normal? or do I have to re-route (isolate) the S-video feed cable?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please, anyone? Just a simple yes or no would suffice.

...bump

·
Registered
76 Posts
No it's not normal, could be the cable, or the card itself is picking up some interference. Try searching to find methods of shielding your card, ie aluminum foil, or moving it to a slot far away from the power supply or other cards.

Ken

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi

I got a mail one day saying thank you for WinDVD Tweaker as it had taken away the horizontal lines on his display. He enabled YV12 first in the video section.

Mark

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EPILOG: Thanks to all who responded. Going under the assumption that diagonal moving lines are not normal, I believe I've found the problem. The signal was too weak...I was using a 25' S-video cable to feed my HTPC in the basement from my satellite receiver (one floor above). After rearranging things and using a 9' cable the moving lines have pretty much disappeared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.