AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to replace a blown Pioneer elite sc-27. Here are the receivers I am looking at, opinions?

NAD t747

Integra 40.2

Marantz sr6005

While both the Marantz and Integra are rated around 100w pc, the NAD is only 60w pc but i have been told the NAD will blow them away.....Any truth in this? the NAD is about $300 more than the other two.....what gives? BTW i was never really happy with the Pioneer....too confusing, too many bells and whistles...Just want power and simplicity and of course great sound....

·
Registered
178 Posts
With NAD they give you the true output with 7channel simultaneous running. With other companies only 1channel or 2 channels running. I had the NAD 743 model about 4 years ago and wowed me with only 50x5. I used to push that little receiver hard and never had a problem with it and regret selling it.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
They also list the power as 120x7 FTC. Which is probably a more comparable stat to many companies such as Yamaha (which would be measured with only two channels driven.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.