AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Paradigm monitor 9 speakers a good selection for me?

Originally I was looking budget and wanting to go with Polk monitor 70, or the Infinity P362. Then I was out looking for different places I could hear any other type of speakers. I was listening to some Paradigms and Klipsch and really liked the Paradigms. The monitor 7 pair puts me at around $1k for them. Is there something else that may be better in that price? Would I hear $600 worth of difference between the Infinity and the Paradigm? My living room/kitchen is basically an open area about 35' x 18'

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Only YOU will know if its worth it to you. Have you listen to the Infinity and Polk too? Some people can tell the difference, others can't. It depends on the individual. For me, I own two brands of speakers. One cost 5x more than the other speaker but it didn't sound 5x better to me.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Both Paradigm's are high sensitivity speakers - and you'll need it in such a large area.

Sounds like a good choice - especially the 9s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've listen to the polk tsi500. I guess they are about the same but updated looks to the monitor 70. I could tell a big difference from that to their Rti's. The Infinitys I have not been able to hear anywhere, but it seems others on hear seem to recommend them over the polk monitor 70. I could get the infinitys for about $400, or the Paradigm for around $1k. I did like what seemed to be a full sound from the Paradigm over the equal Klipsch at the same store.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Don't second guess yourself. If you like the Paradigm, stick with the Paradigm. Don't settle for less....you'll only regret it and end upgrading it anyways. Buy it right the first time around is better than always upgrading. Are you just looking to buy 2 front speakers? or 5.1 system?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Paradigm makes great speakers. If you heard them and liked them, go for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably get the front and center for now, and then add rest in a few months. The dealer for the paradigms too I can trade in to upgrade within first year and get 100% of their cost back towards it if I want.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Make sure you save enough money for a really, really good subwoofer. When I am watching movies, I don't know if I love my speakers more or my subwoofers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it was the cc290 Paradigm center I was looking at getting. Anything I get would be an upgrade but to enjoy long term I think I will go for the Paradigm. Thanks for the help in making decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts