AVS Forum banner

Berk 088 seat back height poll

• No one around 6' has had complaints about the back height on my 088s.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • I've had complaints from people around 6' about the back height on my 088s.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I've had people of above average height (6'5" or taller) complain about the 088s.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other. Please descibe in the thread.

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to place an order for some Berklines and I'm trying to decide between the 088s and the slightly more expensive but taller backed 45004s. I'm 6' and am wondering how people of similar height or taller like the 088s.

Any and all comments are welcome.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm about 6' and I found the backs of the 88's too short for my tastes. I like a tall back that supports my head. I'm planning on going with the 45004's in the front and 187's in the back.

Guy

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am 5'10" and feel the 088 is comfortable, but no head support. This was a big problem for me, so I went for something with a taller back.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinarnoldutd /forum/post/0

I havent found a Berkline in any of the stores around me that has a tall enough back for me and I am right at 6" None of them really support my head during recline.

Try the 094 and the 187.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pretty sure they were 088, 099 and something called "Sedona"

When I first sat in them, I really didnt notice they were too short, until I sat in some that had a bit taller back and it was night and day. I would have been ignorantly bliss otherwise

I guess I will have to just keep trying. I sat in some Omnia Portland ( i think) seats and they were EXTREMELY comfortable, but at 1,500+ per chair I guess they better be!

crussader,

Both of those look great. I've yet to see either of those in my searching.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input! I'm debating between the 088s and the 45004s right now. In fact I'm in my new dedicated room right now measuring out riser heights for them.
I just got the last of the drywall hung, and will start taping and mudding soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the 88's. I am 6 feet even and find them to be very comfortable. Yes a little too short as-is for proper head support, but I use a nice plush throw pillow behind my head. The pillows I have are really soft and comfy, as opposed to the firmer padding of the chairs.

Longest I've sat in them was roughtly 6 hrs strait. No complaints at all. Just make sure you get soft pillows, not firm ones.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshull /forum/post/0

I am 6'3" and feel the 088 is comfortable, but no head support. I dont feel this is much of a problem though.

Christian

Same here. I'm 6'5" and the 088's work fine. I don't get head support, but I am used to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sell the 099's at my store and I know they have a higher back than most of the berkline sets available. I've often wondered how the others were just based on the overall height of the chairs.

I personally like the looks of the 187 in the leather shown in the pics. Just wish berkline had chairs that weren't as wide, yet still had high backs to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am 6'1 and found the 94's with more than adequate head support.

I am looking for 2 rows (8 seats) consisting of:

middle love seat arrangement (87)

and 2 angled end seats (C52, C53) in each row.

My question is when is where is the best place to get these?

A local store in Minneapolis quoted me $10K for the power recliner

version of these 2 rows. Is this a good price?

How is a powerbuy started?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went to market and got to see a lot of them, but we went through the theater area in a hurry and I didn't get to look/try all the seats. The 187 is what I'm looking for in looks, full chaise recliner, and height, but I'd like something a little smaller in width so I could fit 4 chairs and have a walkway around both sides of the seats. My room will be 15x20 and it seems most of the nicer sets like these are wider. I'm not wide and I'd rather save on space and cram another seat in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.