AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the Panasonic TH37PWD4UZ 37" Plasma TV, but first I want to make sure it will be a right choice for these uses:

1. Progressive DVDs (both NTSC and a few PAL)

2. VHS (both NTSC and a few PAL)

3. Computer monitor

4. HDTV (I am planning to get an external receiver - not important for me right now)

I was also considering the new PT-40LC12 LCD by Panasonic, but it seems it has serious problems displaying blacks.

Thanks,

Santiago

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the pt-40lc12 for three weeks now and couldn't be happier. The colors are very bright and crisp. I'm assuming when you say trouble displaying black, you are talking about surrounding colors bleeding into the black area, but I have seen none of that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally purchased the 37 inch model and I'm quite happy with it. What I meant by problems displaying blacks was one of Plasma's best known limitations (which I've been able to confirm now first hand): If you get close to the screen you see lots of pixalation. Of course, it depends on the DVDs, but whenever the monitor has to deal with dark greys or blacks the result is very disappointing (better than LCD screens but worse than CRT display). For the rest, however, plasmas are great!

Santiago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.