AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or will I soon have the latest in paperweight technology?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Not yet, did you bottom it? I am not sure if Audiopulse will be building new top assemblies for their older drivers.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You can see the deformations around the outer edge...

I think I was asking more out of it than it could deliver. Between the bassis and ep2500, I guess it got a little stressed.

Still sounds good, and I have the bassis turned back a bit now, but who knows how long it will go. I would love to have a new top for it to make it easy to sell, the cabinet really came out nice.

So far I have cooked two nht 1259's, and this in it.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
You have a single tc 2k with a bassis and ep2500... ? I would only consider using eq with multiple large subs.

That looks like the older style top assembly, and you have had enough excursion for the surround to stretch tight, over 25 mm for sure. The deformation doesn't look like a very sharp crease. If you are careful, you might consider taking the driver out of the enclosure and seeing if you can massage the creases out a bit with your fingers.

The voice coil didn't bottom on that one, the surround was the limiting factor on the first ones.

It will be fine as long as you don't keep stretching it to the point of the cone bending, and last a long life. If you push it and it keeps bending, it will eventually break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts