AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand here? I am looking to do the wall mount for my TV the model is LC-37G4U from Sharp. The only thing is the Sharp wants almost $500 for the long system cable and I will be damned if I am going to pay that much for the cable. I was looking at the system and it appears that the cables inputs are all standard dvi/vga/s-video. Does anyone have experience with this? And is this the case?

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
there is some competition for these cable sets: check out Ram Electronics (forum sponsor)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...I figured this much. This will make it much cheaper to buy all 3 and set it up that way.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv123
try it one cable at a time- the connectors are all standard.
I don't think they are all standard. The DVI cable is standard. The "svideo-like" cable is 5-pin mini-din (I believe svideo is 4-pin mini-din). The VGA-like cable is DFP-20 (I believe vga is 15-pin D-sub)

I'm basing this on LC-45GX6U but it should be the same for this Sharp model also.

The 5-pin mini-din carries audio and probably isn't required if you don't need it. The DFP-20 carries control info, like IR, power on/off and I think OSD stuff too. My 45" will not work with the DFP-20 unplugged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.