Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I wanted to find out if the Sony CRT lenses are specific to a color (i.e. the lens for the Green CRT would not work with a blue CRT). I know that it is just a lens but, I thought there may be some special coating that makes them unique to each color. I came across a cheap replacement lens. The model number listed is Sony Projector CRT HACC Lens PT-43. It one came out of a Sony 1271Q. The part number 4-395-589-23. I am using a Sony 1252Q. The lens to my green CRT is in very good shape, however, there is a small scratch on it on the surface (present when I bought the projector). Thus, I am interested in purchasing this replacement lens (listed in mint condition). I saw a picture of the lens and it looks identical to ones in my 1252Q.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vitaly.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
NO NO NO..........

There is a color correction film on CRT lenses and they are specfic as to which CRT they are used with. On the back of each lense there is a marking of some kind that says either RED BLUE or GREEN or just a simple R G B .

I am selling a complete set of TAC3 lenses that are all in great shape but the RED lense's outer lense has a slight scratch. look under the classified adds. I changed my lenses on my 1031Q to HD6 lense that I bought as upgrades so I dont need my old TAC3's. I dont know if your interested or not but you must make sure the lenses are the same class as well as the same color.

You dont want to mix for example TAC3 lenses and HD6 lenses. So the replacement you have, is it the same model as the ones you already have? and make sure that it is indeed intended for the GREEN CRT.

As far as changing the complete SET of lenses on SONY projectors they are all interchangable as long as you change ALL three with either "high end" or "low end" lenses.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vic,

Thanks for the reply. That is the information I was looking for. Next time I open the projector (probably this weekend) I will look to see my exact part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.