AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Sony DirecTiVos (T-60s) and 1 Sony UTV (W-60). The T-60s are remote addressable, so I can set each to respond to different remote codes. I can assign remote #s 1-3 to either of the T-60s.

All is well UNTIL...

I use the remote for my Sony A/V receiver to turn on the receiver and the TV. It WOULD turn on one of the T-60s also IF the remote code was set to 1. But the UTV is 1 and I can't see how to change it. So, I have a dual problem:

1. We can't have our "TiVo #1" turn on automatically when we select that input on the A/V remote.
  2. The UTV DOES turn on when we select "TiVo #1" on the remote.[/list=1]

This is partly the fault of the UTV and partly the A/V remote. When I tell the A/V remote the input "TiVo #1" is a Sony DSS, it defaults to remote code 1. So if I could assign remote code 3 to the UTV and give code 1 back the the T-60, all would be well.

Am I making any sense? :confused: Can anyone help me? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

I probably missed something important in your post, but...

What are the problems with assigning Tivo #1 to Address #3 and leaving the UTV as Address #1?

I've not heard of the Sony UTV Remote being programmable to different "addresses"... if it could I'd suspect the Sony UTV would have options to program itself and the remote to various "modes". (Like the RCA's DTV and AUX modes)

Later,

David T.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lgodavid
Hi,

I probably missed something important in your post, but...

What are the problems with assigning Tivo #1 to Address #3 and leaving the UTV as Address #1?

I've not heard of the Sony UTV Remote being programmable to different "addresses"... if it could I'd suspect the Sony UTV would have options to program itself and the remote to various "modes". (Like the RCA's DTV and AUX modes)

Later,

David T.
Part of the problem is with the A/V remote (RM-LJ302). When I tell the A/V remote the input "TiVo #1" (TV/SAT) is a Sony DSS, it defaults to remote code 1, so when we select "TiVo #1" (which is the unit we use the most) on the A/V remote, it turns the A/V receiver on, switches it to "TiVo #1", turns the TV on, switches it to "Video 1", and turns on the UTV. So, I guess if I could re-address the A/V remote, that could take care of our problem too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.