AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any coating or anything else for that matter which makes each of the three lenses specific to the CRT color they are attached to? In other words does the "green" lens have to be on the green tube. Or can they be swapped around?

Bob

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Bob,

Sounds like you took all three lenses off at once. Try looking through each one at a white background. You should be able to tell if they are different from each other.

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
Also,

If the lens has G written on it somewhere usually in pen not typed then that can indicate it's for Green. That's the way the lenses of my Sony are they have handwritten designations. I wonder if there is any difference between them though, they all look the same to me.

-Brian

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys.

Actually what happened is I sold a 3600 to a friend and one of the lenses had a deep scratch on the outside glass. I wanted to give him a replacement lens assembly from another 3600. But there was something weird about the lens assembly that was in the same position on that one.

So we swapped a lens from a different color. We weren't sure if these lenses were color specific. But I now think you all are right. With this projector model there does not seem to be difference between them.

Bob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
As I understand it, the two men who are/own? Elite Video would be the experts on Ampro.

Eric Geller was nice enough to answer an e-mail on it.

He states they are not color corrected.

Tonight I looked throught the two I had off (Blue and Green) at my screen, just before watching a movie with an all white window projected (using the NEC)...they look exactly the same.

As you said Thurman, the white screen also told the same story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.