AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy a pioneer elite pro800hd but many of you have told me that the 433 cmx is the same tv for cheaper. on the top of avsforum.com theres the plasma extreme website sponsored by avs and they have the pdp 433 cmx for 4300 shipped is that the same tv then the 433 cmx! does thge 50 from panny or pioneer have the same pq quality i actually saw the panasonmic 50 was more expensive then the pioneer 50

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes. The 433CMX is the 433CMX. You can find it for even less than you've noted above, if you look.

As to PQ regarding the 503CMX Pio and 50 Panny, that's another topic altogether. A search will yield you many debates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't forget, the plasmaextreme.us price includes the 5002 video card. PS We're not allowed to post discounted prices.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but that video card is no good for dvi hddcp for other use for dvd player with dvi connection. I need it to have hdcp/dvi to connect to hd sattelite reciever with dvi and for the bravo d dvd player with dvi connection. what video card do i buy

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can I just replace the card once i get the tv. Is it easy to replace the card! I hope i dont have to pen up the tv

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
No sense paying for the 5002 if you actually want a different input card. I have a 433CMX w/ 5002, and have a TVP-1000+ on order. I'll start by connecting my Samsung TS-160 via DVI/HDCP, but I might consider getting a Bravo, in which case I'd move the TS-160 to a component input (since no one is using the CP flag yet.)

I believe Key Digital is coming out with a dual DVI board in the near future, not sure if Aurora is too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The card is very easy to install, you unscrew two screws and you slide it in. Its just like a pc card.

If you dont want to get the 5002 card with it you can have it for quite a bit less then 4300.00 to your door.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does any of these cards produce a better pq quality on this tv. Whats the difference between the aurora tvp-1000+ and the aurora a-303-hdcp. Im a bit confused cause i hear the card scales does 3:2 pulldown eliminates noise artifacts doesnt the tv do all this stuff. I just need the best possible card that will produce the best picture and have dvi/hdcp connection for my dvd or sateliite receiver. Also will my tv be able to change channels like a normal tv. I just need someone to tell me what card does what and which card is the best for what i need which is dvd and satelitte viewing. Hd viewing with dvi and the best possible pq!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Eddy13,

Go here

http://www.auroramultimedia.com/

Look under Products and then Pioneer/Hitachi Expansion Cards. It will explain what each card does. Check availability dates...I'm not sure if they are all ready to ship yet. I believe you need a card of some sort to use the Pio for anything other than a computer monitor.

jack

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive been to that website before what im asking is whats the best card for my needs. also do any of these cards add better pq quality then other cards. what are the strenghts of each card. Will any better the pq on the tv. Thanks for the response anyways . I just want to choose the right card and I want to know if any of them give a better pq quality to the tv. Also i know they are scalers and stuff on these cards whats the best choice. I want the pq of this tv to be identical to the elite that i have seen in the show room. can anyone help!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Aurora claims that the scaler on the A303 (which is the same scaler as is on the TVP-1000+) is superior to what's in the 433/503. As they haven't shipped yet, we can't independently verify that claim.

If you search for 'TVP-1000+' you should find a long thread where the guys from Aurora (mferrer & pharris) discuss the functionality. Some guys here are a bit skeptical and are waiting for the Key Digitial card in a couple of months. I have the TVP-1000+ on order as I think it's the right card for me because of its extra HD input, PIP functions, better scaler and NTSC tuner. (Wish it had an ATSC (HDTV) tuner, but I don't have the patience to wait 'til this fall for Aurora's next round of products, and I already have an external HD tuner.)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SO let me ask this if i add the tvp 1000+ will my picture be the same as if i bought a pioneer elite. what video card does the pioneer elite have! Also if i get the a303 /hdcp does this mean i dont have a ntsc tuner. so basically i cant switch channels on the tv. Also if i get the aurora video card will i get the best picture possible if i connect a dvi satellite receiver with a dvi connection to thsi tv. Also does this card do 480 p 720 p 1080 i. I saw the pioneer elite in the show room and i love it and my question is if i add a aurora video card to this tv will i basically have the same tv + the dvi that the elite doesnt have!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heres the million doallr question? I was looking to buy a plasma tv and i loved the pro 800 pioneer elite. Now many on here told me I can get teh same tv cheaper by going with the 433 cmx. Now if I add a aurora video card to view hd sources via the dvi connection via the new set top boxes that have dvi out and via the ned hd dvds coming out by samsung in the summer. Will this equate to a better picture or possibly the same picture that I saw coming out of the pioneer elite in the show room. Question is do any of these video cards make the pq better via the dvi connection that make it better or the saem as the elite. Please answer this question!

·
Registered
813 Posts
if you have a pro800 and a 433cmx with a 5002 card they will be identical in every respect. If you upgrade the 5002 or just get a better one fromt he begining, it is in no way going to make the picture any worse then the pro800, if anything it will make it better.

I think that you think the 433cmx is different in come way other then the proo800's sleek frame, and different card from the factory. If you look at the two you will notice the frame on the 433cmx is removable (so the factory can put the sleek black one on), the buttons int he same spot, everythign 100% identical.

Hell, if you wanted you can even order the black frame from pio for 600 bucks and put it on yourself.

-Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
SO what I want to know does anyone have the 433 cmx display with either of the aurora cards connected with the dvi connection to a hd satellite receiver. What I want to know how is the hd picture on the 433 cmx with dvi connected to a hd source! Also does the a303 /hdcp card have a tuner does this mean that i wont be able to switch channels on the actual display. My question to all is if you have to choose a card for this display that is availble right now which one would you choose and are there any differences in the pioneer 5002 card over the aurora cards in terms ov picture quality if connected using the dvi source using the aurora card. Has anyone done a comparison between both the pioneer card through components watching a hd source and the aurora cards watching hd sources via dvi. Also will i be able to flip channels on my tv with either of the aurora cards!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.