AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 507w as mentioned in my last post, And I'm just wondering if it is safe to move it alot. Because I know with Rear Projection TVs it generally isn't that safe/wise to move it around as the guns may get misaligned. I Know its not the best thing to move a $3000 dollar around a lot but how likely is it to mess anything up as compared to the other projections?

The reason I bring it up is that I am receiving the TV at my college dorm then moving it to my Apartment about 10 days later. So I'm worried about the transfer from the dorms to my apartment... Maybe I'm just paranoid!! :)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
The DLP's don't have alignment issues, so you don't have to worry about that. While I wouldn't want to move it every day, once into your dorm and then into your apartment shouldn't be a problem. And, even moving it just the two times, you will be so glad you bought this TV and not a mongo-heavy CRT RPTV.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
xxxmarine79:

I would avoid banging it to much (although it probably had a bunch of that during shipment) - I think the "three blinking lights" problem is due to the lamp housing becoming loose. You shouldn't have any problems however. Enjoy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xxxmarine79
Just bought the 507w as mentioned in my last post, And I'm just wondering if it is safe to move it alot.
Just come up on it slow, I surprised mine and it bit me!

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Use two people and be careful not to torque it. Will you be repacking it? That would prevent any torquing motions.

Too bad you can't have it delivered directly to your apartment.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I think you may want to hire a proffesional moving company. tripple box it with lots of foam inserts and peanuts. :)

Just teasing, I'm sure I would be the same way. Just keep in mind that this thing has probably traveled from half a world away. The move to your apartment shouldn't be any worse than it has already seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.