AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is being shown on ESPN, ABC and CBC depending on which game of the seven....Anyone know if any are broadcasting in HD???

Brett

·
Registered
408 Posts
Brett-

Unfortunately no. Last night's game on ABC was standard definition.

Kirk

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
They're not in HD anywhere.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That really stinks, if ever there was a sport that could benefit from HD's clarity/rez. it is Hockey...........Baseball and golf wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks, Brett

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
And the worst thing about it is there are a bunch of HD cameras and a truck or two sitting down the road at WRAL or maybe even outside the arena but since WRAL is CBS all we'll get to see are some higlights on a demo reel one day at most..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No wonder there is no mass market demand for HD yet!!!!.....Until all of the major sports events all broadcast in HD and offer a COMPELLING reason for people to BUY HD receivers, why would someone shell out the dough when the networks can't even "SELL" the technology.

One look at HD and most consumers feel compelled or at least would want it if more affordable and if the content was there.....i.e. there favorite team or sporting event......Masters, World Cup, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, MNF....NASCAR, CART......Need I go on??!!

Red Wings 3, Carolina 'Canes 0 with 4 minutes to go......3 games to 1, 1 game to go!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
When I was at game 2, I was thinking, 'Yes, this is just like HDTV, except louder'.

We cracked them open like a small nut, tonight. The only bad was the crosscheck to the mouth by Fischer, which was uncalled for.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey I live in Canton too...I haven't hooked up by outdoor antenna for HD yet. What kind of setup do you have? I tried an indoor but only get NBC and FOX...no ABC/CBS. I was looking for something kind of subtle because I am in a townhome.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
The only bad was the crosscheck to the mouth by Fischer, which was uncalled for.
It was also stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if that little incident is being reviewed. I haven't seen any indication yet though.

Go Wings!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shane/all- I Do Not own an OTA HDTV receiver yet but my Projector and I are dying for one....I just can't stand to part with more than $400 at the current time for one given the lack of content/material available. I would jump on a OTA box if it were in the $3XX.00 range.

I am waiting for Comcast HD which is scheduled for arrival in Detroit by the end of '02 before I make the plunge into a STB......Waiting to get pricing info and if Comcast' box will allow me to pick up locals as well or if I will need a separate box for my local OTA channels. That would really blow if I need both, one for cable and one for local OTA.

Anyone have Comcast HD in other regions of the US??

·
Registered
529 Posts
ShaneM - I live in Canton, also, and have a channelmaster 4228 uhf antenna on my roof. I get PBS, NBC and CBS great, Fox 2 usually ok, and ABC and CH.50/UPN ok/poor. I point straight NE - no rotor. I haven't gone back up to try turning it a bit more to the NE, like NNE to see if ABC and 50 improve. I have a note in the thread on "Post your antenna" with a photo of it if you search on my id.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E

he is suspended for game 5

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2002/...1/1393682.html
Makes sense to me.

Having said that, stick a fork in the eye of the storm, because they are done one way or the other. 3 Cup's in 6 years, not bad, eh?

·
Registered
210 Posts
You are from Detroit, and are a big Red Wings fan, and watching what probably will be the cup clinching game 5 and you only think about "Gee, Scotty Bowman's jacket works great as a Moire pattern." ;)

----------Dave

·
Registered
570 Posts
Being a big Wings fan ( Wore my jersey every night for every game) I thought Scotty's jacket looked alive. The digital feed was outstanding even if it was not in HD.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I thought the digital signal from Ch. 7 WXYZ was "soft" and almost blurry looking on my Tosh widescreen. Looked terrible compared to what HD would have given us. I was very disappointed in the picture quality.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dave -- I was thinking the same exact thing! It looked BAD didn't it?

Al -- Thanks. I can't really tell from the picture its size though, which is kind of important. I live in a townhome where TECHNICALLY we aren't supposed to have antennas on our roof.

But then again, we aren't supposed to chop up the 3rd bedroom to make it into a theater, either. Or have a dog for that matter... ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think my 4228 is roughly 3' by 4' without looking it up on the channelmaster website.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.