AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if they are quality speakers. I don't want any crap for my first speakers. Also, I hear the debate about 5.1 vs. 6.1 vs. 7.1. Do you all think it is necessary to add two more speakers to the speakers to make it a 7.1? Are the benefits that great? Let me know what you all think about these speakers and the set-up. Much thanks!

JaredSD

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSD /forum/post/0

Also, I hear the debate about 5.1 vs. 6.1 vs. 7.1. Do you all think it is necessary to add two more speakers to the speakers to make it a 7.1? Are the benefits that great?

JaredSD

Personally speaking, I originally set my Onkyo 7.1 in just a 5.1 mode (advice from my son, said not that great a difference). I had a couple of extra speakers doing nothing, so I hook them up. For me it depended on the source. Movies seemed a little more "engulfing". Acoustic music a little unnatural, but big band and orchestral music, a big improvement....conclusion, personal taste on music. I got that "head phone" effect at times, which I didn't like. But you might be happier with movie tracks. I think it's worth a trial....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.