AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I currently have a 37'' Toshiba Regza LCD. Although I like this TV a lot..I'm not happy with the size. I need to upgrade and I was looking to buy a 42'' LCD that is 120 Hz. Are there any out there or are they all 40'' and 46''?

I'd like to keep my price under $1500. Thanks for any info and places to buy.

Rocky

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There are some good 42" LCDs out there... LG, for example. Sharp and Toshiba too.

But I'd say overall 40" may be the more popular size in LCDs. Sony and Samsung make a lot of great 40" LCDs, many with 120 Hz. Toshiba makes some 40" too.

On your budget, there's actually some very good 46" sets out there. Samsung 6 Series in 46" (LN46A650) ordered online (Amazon, NewEgg) is right about at your budget line.

Depends what you're looking for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You are going to be pretty limited in that size with 120 hz. The only ones I could find in 42 inch with 120 hz were from LG and Toshiba

LG-42LG70

LG Scarlet-42LG60

Toshiba 42XV540U

The first one is in your price range, the second one is a bit higher, the last one well under.

Of those 3 I would go with the Toshiba.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes there is a LG42LGX which has 120hz but the price is around the $1800 mark which tends to be a bit pricey considering you can get a 40" LCD with 120hz for around the $1300.

So if you think 2" is worth $500 then by all means go for it but I'd rather have that 46" or 47" LCD for the extra money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought a lg 47 inch model 70 today at bb.

When I asked for delivery charge along with the special offers in flyer for $200 off any geek squad service, another $200 came off the listed sale price in paper. It certainly is in your dollar range. Ad listing $1499.

Delivery is set for tomorrow.-can't wait! also this unit is 120hz.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Costco has the 120hz Vizio 47" XVT for $999 good through 25-Jan-09. They also have the 42" version, also 120hz, but it's not on sale, so it's $996. The $300 savings is in the coupon book, but they will scan that at the register if you don't have the coupon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi

FragHD, you mentioned you would not get the LG Scarlet-42LG60 over the

Toshiba 42XV540U... any reasons...

i dont mind the red light barrel.... also which store in toronto carries the tosh...i have seen the LG at BB FS and the brick...

tosh is selling for 999 us from crutchfield

is that a good deal ....

thks for ur help guys

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMRocky /forum/post/15503297

Hello - I currently have a 37'' Toshiba Regza LCD. Although I like this TV a lot..I'm not happy with the size. I need to upgrade and I was looking to buy a 42'' LCD that is 120 Hz. Are there any out there or are they all 40'' and 46''?

I'd like to keep my price under $1500. Thanks for any info and places to buy.

Rocky

Toshiba makes the 42xv545u. It is loaded with features plus 120hz. The deal from crutchfield the poster above mentioned sounds very good but that is while supplies last, so if you wanted one I wouldnt wait too long. I suspect there will be a lot of the 2008 models from all manufacturers in limited supply very soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just picked up a 40" Sony z series. It's a little above you price range, but it is one bad ass TV. Amazing picture for an LCD not to mention aesthetically appealing to. Very streamline design.

Got it at Future shop (canada) for $1700

1 - 11 of 11 Posts