AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Silver TA /forum/post/0

I know that Toshiba makes a few, Microsoft has its add on for the 360 and I believe RCA made one but I wanted to know if any other companies are making them or plan to make them.

LG has a "not quite perfect for HD" combo player.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Silver TA /forum/post/0

I know that Toshiba makes a few, Microsoft has its add on for the 360 and I believe RCA made one but I wanted to know if any other companies are making them or plan to make them.

Why? Do you need more than one?

Actually Onkyo, Sanyo, and Mirand, and before year's end some Chinese players.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks! I wanted to know all of my options....I was some what concern that a bunch of other brands were making blu ray and only saw toshiba, rca and microsoft backing this. I will probably end up getting both Blu Ray and HD-DVD because I may end up getting the Ps3 later as I also play games too. I like more of the movies that are on HD-DVD than Blu Ray has out right now and from what I have seen in the stores, I think HD-DVD looks slightly better in PQ but thats just my opinion.....

Thx,

Claude

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

What happened to the RCA and Thomson HD-DVD players (clones of the Toshiba). Did they fail to make the jump to second generation with the A2 or are they on their way but a little late?

I believe they got bought out by audiovox, so I doubt they will release an updated version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.