AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and use presets for my subs for different types of music and movies, and would love to have the same option in a pre-pro.

I would prefer say a three band parametric where you can choose the frequency and Q, but a graphic where you can choose the freq of the band(s) would be ok too.

I currently send my signal via optical and/or HDMI from the sources and would prefer to keep it that way and do the eq'ing in the digital domain before conversion to analog out to the amps.

Anything out there?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The Yamaha 5000 supports manual PEQ, 7 bands per channel and 4 bands for the sub I believe. Emotiva makes one or more pre-pros with manual PEQ support as well, up to 11 bands per channel I believe. I'm not sure if the Emotiva supports frequency and Q, but I know the Yamaha does.

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace79  /t/1524072/are-there-any-pre-pros-o...metric-eq-in-the-digital-domain#post_24525481

Newb question but:

Do the "bands" per channel set as different EQ settings? So I will have a setting for when I listen to say dubstep, a setting for classical, and a setting for movies?
No.  Imagine the old graphic EQ with, say, 11 sliders.  Each one is a "band."

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace79  /t/1524072/are-there-any-pre-pros-o...metric-eq-in-the-digital-domain#post_24525481

Newb question but:

Do the "bands" per channel set as different EQ settings? So I will have a setting for when I listen to say dubstep, a setting for classical, and a setting for movies?
The Yamaha can save 2 eq patterns under manual speaker settings and can save 4 custom setups under the scene buttons on the remote. Not sure if those include custom eq settings. So pretty close to what you want. It also has 3 auto eq patterns. Flat, natural and front. Those can also be altered and saved. The 7 eq bands have 28 fixed frequencies to pick from. The 4 subwoofer bands have 8 frequencies to pick from.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhit  /t/1524072/are-there-any-pre-pros-o...metric-eq-in-the-digital-domain#post_24522689

I have and use presets for my subs for different types of music and movies, and would love to have the same option in a pre-pro.

I would prefer say a three band parametric where you can choose the frequency and Q, but a graphic where you can choose the freq of the band(s) would be ok too.

I currently send my signal via optical and/or HDMI from the sources and would prefer to keep it that way and do the eq'ing in the digital domain before conversion to analog out to the amps.

Anything out there?

Sherbourn 7020 and 7030 Pre/Pros bear a look. Sherborn was bought out and liquidated by Emotiva last year but some of their hardware may be still kicking around in some installers back room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.