AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i connect my satellite to the DMR-E80H's input #1, will i have to power ON the DMR-E80H in order to see the satellite? i would hate to have to heat up the Panny just to watch TV that i am not going to record.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Does your satellite IRD have dual outputs? How are you connecting your TV? Why not just use a switcher to go from the IRD (assuming you only have 1 output) to either the TV or the E80?

Doug O

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i made my post simple so i could get a quick answer.

to explain it fully...:

(just one RF thru, one composite out and one S-Video out on my SAT box)

I need to have my satellite connected (input #1) to the Panny for SAT-to-DVD recording. I need to have my S-VCR connected (input #3) to the Panny for VHS-to-DVD recording. I need to have my APEX DVD player [because it defeats macros & converts PAL to NTSC] connected (input #2) to the Panny for PAL DVD-to-DVD recording. (I also have an U.S. PlayStation2 with component cable output, which I also need a component switch box for... but that's another story) I also have a 6-input S-Video switch box that I already have filled up with Laserdisc, Computer Video Mirroring, Japanese PlayStation2, Dreamcast (yes, I still play it!), GameCube, and the 6th input is for my Satellite which is going into my S-VCR. this S-Video switch box is the main switch for all of my current devices and goes directly into my ONE S-Video input on my TV. (my U.S. PS2 is currently taking up my ONE component video input on my TV)

I was going to simply take the S-Video switch box output and connect it to the Panny (input #1) so I would have all of the devices on the S-video switch box connected to the Panny... but I also need to have a composite output from my S-VCR to go into my "video enhancer" and then out into my Panny's composite input for those rare occasions I want to archive a pre-rec VHS tape.

ANYWAY, i just wanted to be able to connect every device to the Panny in one way or another, and didn't want to fire up the Panny when I wasn't going to record.

(see how much simpler my first version was? :D)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unfortunately the E80 only outputs a signal while it is on, so yes you would have to turn it on to view the signal on L1.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.