AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked in the dvd recorder forum, but no replies.

I'd like to hook up a dvd recorder using a rgbvh breakout cable to a switcher for my crt pj.

Are there any dvd recorders on the market that have a DVI OUT jack like the Momitsu??

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedtubes
Asked in the dvd recorder forum, but no replies.

I'd like to hook up a dvd recorder using a rgbvh breakout cable to a switcher for my crt pj.

Are there any dvd recorders on the market that have a DVI OUT jack like the Momitsu??
I don't have a Momitsu, so I might be wrong here, but I think the Momitsu supports DVI-I, which has four extra pins on the connector that support an analog signal. If so, then you can use a DVI to VGA adapter and a VGA to 5BNC adapter to feed the analog signal to your PJ.

But DVI-I support is VERY rare. Many / most DVI devices will provide the DVI-I jack for cable compatibility, but they don't support the analog signal on the extra pins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I think you're correct- I have the momitsu already, just wondering if any dvd recorders have the same feature so I could hook it up with a adapter & breakout cable like i did with the momitsu. Thanks for replying

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think your going to find any consumer dvd recorder that will enable analog outputs over dvi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.