AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an xbox360 on the way....welp, one of the only times I actually pay full price for a game is around launch time.


And its launch time ;)


I stopped by BEST BUY, figuring I'd at least get 4 games....since for every 2 games you buy they give you a $10 gift card. Ok...neet....they aren't any cheaper anyplace else, so what the hey.


1) Perferct Dark Zero....STUPIDLY I picked up the tin version which cost me $10 more...I'm going to bring it back and get the regular $49.99 version......this is my Launch FPS. I'd get COD2, but I already have it for the PC.


2) PGR3: Nuff Said


3) Condemned: my Weird Kinda Sorta FPS Showcase Game...


4) NFS: Most Wanted....I love racing games, and frankly given the launch selection it was either this game, or Ridge Racer 6...which I tried at Best Buy, and I think its not bad at all..dont know why some of you guys were trashing it. But for the money, Ridge Racer is a bit of a rip at anything more than $29.99...I figured MW had more meat on its bones, and went with this one.



But now I'm having buyers remorse...when I go to bring back PDZ to exchange it for the one thats $10 bucks cheaper, should I swap NFSMW for something else...?? Not sure what....it would probably be Ridge Racer or...well...COD2, just to see what the game is like on a bigscreen with 60fps framerates :D


This will most likely be the last batch of games I pay anywhere NEAR $60 each for however.......I just dont want to feel like I got ripped off on the $$$ side of things. In fact, I'm somewhat tempted to just keep PDZero and PGR3 and wait on NFSMW and Condemned to hit the bargain bin......or do you think there's enough entertainment value there...


Hmmmmm......and I also can't believe I just bought 4 games that amount to half the purchase cost of the system :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
^ I second Kameo. It's a very fun game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Third on Kameo. Also, I bought Condemned and immediaely regret it. I guess it just wasn't for me, but lots of people love it. I ended up beating it and trading it for CoD2 which is great, but you already have it for PC.


If you have XBOX Live you can download the NFS:MW and Kameo demos to see if you'd like them. IMO, NFS:MW is much better on PC. Something just doesn't feel right on the 360 demo (there's a thread on this in this forum).


DOA4 -should- be coming out next week, but who knows. I'd wait for that but you should be happy with your selection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
I wish I would have taken PDZ back too, but not becasue of the tin box...becasue the forgot to make this one fun.


Its so slow.....the multiplayer feels like you are running around in water....i doubt I will even finish the SP.


I guess I will take my copy to gamestop for some credit or something
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Well, I have Most Wanted for the PC and the 360, I love the game, its the best in the series since Porsche Unleashed, definately a step back in the right direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
I picked up the following launch titles...


Madden 06

PGR3

Kameo

Call Of Duty 2


Ill be getting DOA4 as well...


-Evangelo2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Rent Condemned before buying it. It looks great, but is very slow. I'd be surprised if you kill more than 300 baddies total throughout the whole game. (but I guess that's what makes it freaky - things rarely jump out at you, so when they do, it's surprising) Plus it's a really short game.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSquid
Rent Condemned before buying it. It looks great, but is very slow. I'd be surprised if you kill more than 300 baddies total throughout the whole game. (but I guess that's what makes it freaky - things rarely jump out at you, so when they do, it's surprising) Plus it's a really short game.


Well in my opinion, all of Sega's games have sucked so this doesn't surprise me. Par for the course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually prefer slower-paced FPS's when I have to use a joypad to do the controlling....


I thought alot about it, and I think that the plan will be this:


NFSMW - its going back, to be purchased at some point in the future when its alot cheaper. Having played the demo again on the regular xbox I can honestly say...its fun, but its also "just like Underground and Underground2", and I'm sick to death of having to spend the first 2 hours of a racing game just mindlessly going through races JUST so I can get rid of one sucky car to move up to a slightly less sucky car.


PDZ...I bought the one with the tin....I'm returning it for the normal one and saving $10 bucks. They put the ones in the tin in the display that read $49.99......bastards...


I'm probably going to hold onto Condemned since I do have this itch to play it and used itse still fetching $45+ on ebay...if I finish it quick, I can unload it quick. Plus, I'm itching for a "different" game.....and who doesn't enjoy beating crazy homeless people to death?


=O
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch
I actually prefer slower-paced FPS's when I have to use a joypad to do the controlling....


I thought alot about it, and I think that the plan will be this:


NFSMW - its going back, to be purchased at some point in the future when its alot cheaper. Having played the demo again on the regular xbox I can honestly say...its fun, but its also "just like Underground and Underground2", and I'm sick to death of having to spend the first 2 hours of a racing game just mindlessly going through races JUST so I can get rid of one sucky car to move up to a slightly less sucky car.


PDZ...I bought the one with the tin....I'm returning it for the normal one and saving $10 bucks. They put the ones in the tin in the display that read $49.99......bastards...


I'm probably going to hold onto Condemned since I do have this itch to play it and used itse still fetching $45+ on ebay...if I finish it quick, I can unload it quick. Plus, I'm itching for a "different" game.....and who doesn't enjoy beating crazy homeless people to death?


=O


Most Wanted is nothing like Undergound, I did not like the Undergound series at all, I love Most Wanted. Earning better cars from the beginning is a big part of what makes almost all racing games great, including Gran Turismo, Forza, PGR, etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
>>Well, I have Most Wanted for the PC and the 360


Better on which? (I have P4 3.0 and 6800 GT, demo runs smooth 1280x1024)


I imagine 360 would be better buy due to Live support???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff
>>Well, I have Most Wanted for the PC and the 360


Better on which? (I have P4 3.0 and 6800 GT, demo runs smooth 1280x1024)


I imagine 360 would be better buy due to Live support???


I have an AMD 64 X2 @ 2.7GHz, 2GB of memory and a 7800GT, I run mine at 1600x1200 since that's as high it will go, but it runs just as smooth on either system. My PC is a little more powerful than a 360 so I take advantage of it in resolution and AA. I haven't tried Most Wanted on LIVE so I can't say. To be honest, I bought Most Wanted for the PC about 2 weeks ago because I didn't think I would get a 360 anytime soon, but since I lucked up and got one yesterday I bought it for the 360. I will probably sell the PC version now. Both are good, I wouldn't consider either one better than the other overall, 360 has LIVE, PC has better resolution if you have a fast PC. Toss up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkout
Most Wanted is nothing like Undergound, I did not like the Undergound series at all, I love Most Wanted. Earning better cars from the beginning is a big part of what makes almost all racing games great, including Gran Turismo, Forza, PGR, etc....
Underground 2 and this game are about a stones throw apart. One takes place at night, the other takes place during the day. One has outrun races and drifting competitions, the other has cop chases. Besides that....they're far more alike than different. How you could like one but not the other doesn't make any sense to me.


As for earning cars...sure, but its annoying when your bone stock car rolls up against all these other pimped out rides. And yet you can still magically beat them. One of the first races in MW had me pitting my bone stock Chevy cobalt SS up against a supposedly tweaked out Toyota Supra. And I won the race by like...800 carlengths. Yeah...uh....whatever.


I actually liked in the first underground that when you raced early on, the other cars weren't all tricked out yet...a vinyl here, a spoiler there....but at least you didn't feel like the ugly kid at the prom with your bone stock auto.


Also...why, with only 20-30 total cars in the game, do I have to see THREE Audi's all in a group at the beginning of the game? "Wow I can choose from..an audi..or..an..audi...or..an....an audi. Hmmmm". Its like GT4 saying it has 800 cars, when 20 of them are the same Celica only from different years. :p


Dunno....like I said, I don tthink its a bad game.....just not $60 good...when I see it cheaper I'll pick it up and enjoy it. BUT...to say that Underground and THIS game are NOT the same, thats just kinda crazy talk....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch
Underground 2 and this game are about a stones throw apart. One takes place at night, the other takes place during the day. One has outrun races and drifting competitions, the other has cop chases. Besides that....they're far more alike than different. How you could like one but not the other doesn't make any sense to me.


As for earning cars...sure, but its annoying when your bone stock car rolls up against all these other pimped out rides. And yet you can still magically beat them. One of the first races in MW had me pitting my bone stock Chevy cobalt SS up against a supposedly tweaked out Toyota Supra. And I won the race by like...800 carlengths. Yeah...uh....whatever.


I actually liked in the first underground that when you raced early on, the other cars weren't all tricked out yet...a vinyl here, a spoiler there....but at least you didn't feel like the ugly kid at the prom with your bone stock auto.


Also...why, with only 20-30 total cars in the game, do I have to see THREE Audi's all in a group at the beginning of the game? "Wow I can choose from..an audi..or..an..audi...or..an....an audi. Hmmmm". Its like GT4 saying it has 800 cars, when 20 of them are the same Celica only from different years. :p


Dunno....like I said, I don tthink its a bad game.....just not $60 good...when I see it cheaper I'll pick it up and enjoy it. BUT...to say that Underground and THIS game are NOT the same, thats just kinda crazy talk....


Sorry, I don't agree that Underground and Most Wanted are close to the same, and many others feel the same way. Lots of people hate Underground but love Most Wanted.


I do agree with you though about car selection, it would be nice if there were more to choose from. Maybe the next Most Wanted game will have more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
I actually liked Underground alot more then mostwanted.


I am bored with doing the same bounty over and over trying to get millions of useless bounty points just to get back to racing the next blacklist character which I finish in all of 15-20 minutes, then it's back to doing more crappy milestones and getting more and more bounty.


I've gotten to third on the blacklist so far, and that was about 2 weeks ago! I have lost the interest to do the same cop chase again to get to the next guy.


I hope they drop the whole bounty thing and just go strictly racing again.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinViegas
I actually liked Underground alot more then mostwanted.


I am bored with doing the same bounty over and over trying to get millions of useless bounty points just to get back to racing the next blacklist character which I finish in all of 15-20 minutes, then it's back to doing more crappy milestones and getting more and more bounty.


I've gotten to third on the blacklist so far, and that was about 2 weeks ago! I have lost the interest to do the same cop chase again to get to the next guy.


I hope they drop the whole bounty thing and just go strictly racing again.


Yea I do agree that the bounties are a little high, especially as you get about half way through the list. You can meet all the other requirements to race the next blacklist racer and still be thousands and thousands of bounty points short.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top