LF1/LF2 (whole space)138 dB 144 dB

(half space) 148 dB 154 dB

4x KF940 (whole space) 142 dB 148 dB

Dimensions/Weight 32" (h) x 36" (w) x 52" (d); 293 lbs

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Yep, 148 ground plane from a pair of 12s

I was in Vegas in a club at the Mandalay Bay, they had several speakers flown from trusses above the dance floor. There is a dance club series EAW offers now, and that's what was up there,.....double 12" horn subs.

Chest thump,..(kick drum and synth).....ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz........

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH /forum/post/19633569

Yep, 148 ground plane from a pair of 12s

I was in Vegas in a club at the Mandalay Bay, they had several speakers flown from trusses above the dance floor. There is a dance club series EAW offers now, and that's what was up there,.....double 12" horn subs.

Chest thump,..(kick drum and synth).....ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz, ooontz........

How do you think a pair would sound in a HT set-up?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvictorg /forum/post/19632026

http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW/Loudspea...SPECS_revA.pdf

Axial Sensitivity (SPL)

LF1/LF2 (whole space) 106 dB 22 Hz to 173 Hz

(half space) 116 dB 22 Hz to 173 Hz

4x KF940 (whole space) 110 dB 22 Hz to 185 Hz

Calculated Axial Output Limit (SPL)

Average Peak

LF1/LF2 (whole space)138 dB 144 dB

(half space) 148 dB 154 dB

4x KF940 (whole space) 142 dB 148 dB

Dimensions/Weight 32" (h) x 36" (w) x 52" (d); 293 lbs

I don't much like this statement:

"Widely known as the SuperSub, the KF940 is engineered to be used in arrays of 4 or more to provide extremely high output sub bass response to the very bottom of the spectrum.''

I didn't like this statement either:

"The KF940 is designed to be used with todays sophisticated digital signal processing to optimize the LF response. EAW's MX Series processors arerecommended for the required crossover and equalization."

With EQ they can probably do justice to 16 Hz, especially if you use 4.

MK Theater has a lot of experience with folded horns. I am sure his personal experience with horns will be of interest to you.

As I recall, the horns he had were very very good in certain respects, but not enough for him in other respects.

Typically, horns like this simply don't handle ULF material as well as other designs, but after all, they are for professional sound reinforcement installations like ballrooms, and other large venues where output at 25 Hz and above is paramount, not ULF from Bluray.

While they are loud in their FR domain, when it comes to ULF, NO they are not loud enough.

Those on the Forum with the money who want something like these, but who also want deeper bass for HT, go with Danley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts