AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I know about speakers is when they sound good. I have Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer (cant post link but amazon.com has a lot of info on these) and I am wondering if I will be able to hook up Panasonic SB-PM19 70-watt Bookshelf Speakers to it?? I know that the subwoofer is like the base where things plug in for the logitech system and not sure if that affects things. Also will this improve the sound in my dorm room significantly?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huh - I think I have that same Logitech system connected to my computer. Sounds pretty decent for computer speakers.

1. If its like the one that I have, the Logitech speakers plug into the subwoofer with cables that are designed specifically for that system. I don't think the sub has binding posts to connect normal speaker wire that would be required to connect a normal speaker.

2. Even if it would physically connect - those Panasonic speakers are 6 ohms, whereas most speakers are 8-ohms. (not sure what the logitech speakers are, but I'm assuming they're 8-ohms). Anyway, this means that if my assumptions are correct; the Panasonic Speakers will draw more power from the logitech amp. While this may sound good - it may not be stable below 8-ohms

3. If you can get it to connect and if it works out OK, they may not even sound better than what you have now. Panasonic isn't exactly a big name when it comes to speakers.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts