1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2x Paradigm 90P

2x Paradigm ADP-350

1x Paradigm LCR-350

room dimensions are 16' long 13' wide. 8' ceilings. pictures can be found in my signature for my construction thread.

thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Too large?!? I dont understand the question...

Seriously though, you are always going to be better off overpowering and oversizing as long as your gear isnt encroaching on your space. Trying to play a speaker that is too small to fill an area doesnt sound good, but it doesnt really apply the other way around.

Of course I may only be saying that because my previous theater looked like Stonehenge

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If there are no aesthetic requirements then no speakers are too large. Not joking around. You want speakers that can handle any and all dynamics and do it cleanly. One thing I have learned about subwoofers that applies to all speakers is that available headroom is not a myth or theory. Its something that should be thrived for. When a speaker is played at its maximum level you get all kinds of distortions that end up sounding horrible. Now what happens when you play at that same level without distortion? Clean sound. With my subwoofer I want (but don't have yet) the ability to play to 125-130 db. I will rarely play that loud, but when I play at normal 110 or so peaks it sounds great. This is the reason I like horns and have even started thinking of using pro audio speakers in my room.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, much appreciated...

any opinions on the above speakers???

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Paradigm makes great stuff, and, no, they're not too big. For years, in a 1,900 cubic foot theater, I had Triad InRoom Platinum LCRs ($7,000 each, 150 lbs. each, 121 dB max output) and I never felt they were too big.

If anything, 90% of the speakers/room combos in this forum do not have enough output capability.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well wish me luck, going to see two 5.0 sets this weekend, both Paradigm.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bought some speakers!

Paradigm Monitor 7 v.3, CC-370 v.3, ADP-370 v.3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar concerns about room size ( mine is only 9'x12'x8') when I recently purchased a pair of Aerial Acoustics Model 6 floorstanders. Thought they might be too much for my room but they sound great.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts